Fitting can refer to:
- A dress fitting.
- Any machine component, piping or tubing part that can attach or connect two or more larger parts. For examples, see coupling, compression fitting, piping and plumbing fittings and pipe fitting.
- The process of applying regression analysis to data. This method is sometimes called line-fitting or curve fitting depending on the result.
- Preprocessing of data for data mining or other parsing.
- Mathematical concepts named after Hans Fitting such as Fitting subgroup, Fitting length, Fitting lemma, Fitting ideal, and Fitting's theorem.
- Light socket or lamp fitting.
- An element of a tantrum, seizure or any other sudden occurrence of a symptom or unusual behaviour.
Other articles related to "fittings, fitting":
... Luer-Lock fittings are securely joined by means of a tabbed hub on the female fitting which screws into threads in a sleeve on the male fitting ... The Luer-Lok fitting was developed in the United States by Fairleigh S ... Luer-Slip fittings simply conform to Luer taper dimensions and are pressed together and held by friction (they have no threads) ...
... Shop fitting (shopfitting) is the trade of fitting out retail and service shops and stores with equipment, fixtures and fittings ... A shop fitting firm typically incorporates professional expertise in interior design, manufacturing of bespoke furniture, signage and fittings (with own or outsourced ... A shop fitting cycle begins with a survey and measurement of available space and preparing design drawings for submission to the client ...
... Andrea Fitting, Ph.D ... Fitting is founder and CEO of Fitting Group, a branding agency headquartered in Pittsburgh ... She received international media coverage when Fitting Group launched a controversial marketing campaign to promote their Brand Spanking process that featured a whip-bearing dominatrix ...
... Compression Fittings primarily seen on copper pipe spudguns, the compression fitting squeezes a metal ring against the pipe between a nut and the ... Easier than solder fittings and requiring only a spanner they are much more expensive and are of greater weight ... Threaded Fittings commonly available in BSP or NPT (not interchangeable) they generally require a fitting attached to a pipe by other means to allow screwing into ...
... Fitting Name Alternate Names and Notes Male Plug Fitting Female Socket (coupler) CEJN Duff-Norton Foster Hansen 2-HKIG White acetal identifier ring on body of fitting Hansen 2-HKIL Black acetal identifier ring on ...
Famous quotes containing the word fitting:
“Childrens view of the world and their capacity to understand keep expanding as they mature, and they need to ask the same questions over and over, fitting the information into their new level of understanding.”
—Joanna Cole (20th century)
“Of all the nations in the world, the United States was built in nobodys image. It was the land of the unexpected, of unbounded hope, of ideals, of quest for an unknown perfection. It is all the more unfitting that we should offer ourselves in images. And all the more fitting that the images which we make wittingly or unwittingly to sell America to the world should come back to haunt and curse us.”
—Daniel J. Boorstin (b. 1914)
“Eccentricity gives misfits a way of fitting in.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)