Creation may refer to:
- In religion and philosophy
- Creation ex nihilo, the concept that matter comes "from nothing"
- Creation myth, stories of the supernatural creation of the Earth
- Genesis creation narrative, the biblical account of creation
- In science and technology
- Matter creation, the appearance of elementary particles, in physical processes such as pair production
- In the arts
- Creation (1931 film), a 1931 film that inspired King Kong
- Creation (2009 film), a 2009 film by Jon Amiel about the life of Charles Darwin
- Creation (album), a 2005 album from Leslie Satcher
- Creation (band), a teen musical group, first album 2005
- Creation (Dragonlance), of the world of Krynn, fictional world of Dragonlance
- Creation (novel), a 1981 novel by Gore Vidal
- Creation (William Billings), a hymn tune composed by William Billings
- Creation Records, a record label created in 1983 by Alan McGee
- "Creation", a song by Zion I from Mind Over Matter
- "The Creation of Adam", a section of Michelangelo's fresco Sistine Chapel ceiling painted circa 1511
- The Creation (band), a British band
- The Creation (Haydn), a 1798 oratorio by Joseph Haydn
- La création du monde, a 1923 ballet by Darius Milhaud
- "The Creation," a 1927 poem by James Weldon Johnson, published in God's Trombones: Seven Negro Sermons in Verse
- The Creation: An Appeal To Save Life on Earth, a 2006 book by biologist Edward O. Wilson
- In organizations
- Creation Autosportif, a sports car racing team
- Creation Entertainment, an American company that runs science fiction and fantasy conventions
- Creation Festivals, Christian music festival
- Creation Ministries International, creation science organization
- Creation Museum, an American creation museum
Other articles related to "created":
... The first account says "male and female created them", implying simultaneous creation, whereas the second account states that God created Eve subsequent to ... by stating that Genesis 1, "male and female He created them", indicates that God originally created Adam as a hermaphrodite, bodily and spiritually both ...
... José Luis Andrade created the Leo, Ángel Barba Barrera created Huichi and Fernando Sanchez created Gavo ...
... The IACHR has created several Rapporteurships, a Special Rapporteurship and a Unit to monitor OAS states' compliance with inter-American human rights ... the Rights of Lesbian, Gay, Trans, Bisexual, and Intersex Persons was created in 2011 ...
... Emperor Wucheng) Mother Empress She (but might be Consort Sun) Wives Empress Zhang (created 402) Empress Qi (created 412) Children Yao Hong (姚泓), the Crown Prince (crea ...
... He created a new design for monastic robes, and he invented the Soyombo script in 1686- based on the Lantsa script of India, which served as the alphabet for ... He also created the Quadratic Script- based on the Tibetan and Phagspa scripts ... Zanabazar personally created tankas and bronze statues of Buddha ...
Famous quotes containing the word created:
“Dr. Scofields equipment, which you have just seen, radiated waves direct to Professor Houghlands laboratory. When these waves came in contact with those the professors equipment was radiating, they created the interstellar frequency, which is the death ray.”
—Joseph ODonnell, and Clifford Sanforth. Arthur Perry (Bela Lugosi)
“It can even come about that a created will cancels out, not perhaps the exertion, but the result of divine action; for in this sense, God himself has told us that God wishes things which do not happen because man does not wish them! Thus the rights of men are immense, and his greatest misfortune is to be unaware of them.”
—Joseph De Maistre (17531821)
“Have We not made the earth as a cradle and the mountains as pegs? And We created you in pairs, and We appointed your sleep for a rest; and We appointed night for a garment, and We appointed day for a livelihood. And We have built above you seven strong ones, and We appointed a blazing lamp and have sent down out of the rain-clouds water cascading that We may bring forth thereby grain and plants, and gardens luxuriant.”
—QurAn. The Tiding, 78:6-16, trans. by Arthur J. Arberry (1955)