Call may refer to:
- A type of betting in poker
- Animal communication, a song or noise made by an animal such as:
- Bird call, part of a bird song
- A command in square dancing, delivered by a caller
- Call option, a term in stock trading
- Call on shares, a request for a further payment on partly paid share capital
- A shell command in DOS, OS/2 and Microsoft Windows command-line interpreters
- System call, in computer science, the mechanism used by an application program to request service from the operating system or another application program
- A method of starting a Subroutine
- Any bid, pass, double, or redouble made in the bidding stage of contract bridge
Other articles related to "called":
... In the UK and in US mechanical engineering, this is called moment of force shortened usually to moment ... change the angular momentum of the object (the concept which in physics is called torque) ... such as a drill bit accelerating from rest, the resulting moment is called a torque ...
... of game, unless one was hooked (snookered) by one's opponent (even then, if a pocket is called for the 8, as opposed to "just a shot", i.e ... legal shots in informal games, as long as they are called as split shots, and the hit is in fact simultaneous to the human eye ... peccadillo is that a shot is a visit-ending (but not ball-in-hand) foul if one pockets one's called shot but also pockets another ball incidentally, even if it is one's own (however, if that ...
... Gylfaginning as one of the halls of Asgard "Then there is also in that place the abode called Breidablik, and there is not in heaven a fairer dwelling." Later in the work, when Snorri ...
... to describe the school of Valentinus as he legomene gnostike haeresis "the heresy called Learned (gnostic)" ... On the Detection and Overthrow of Knowledge Falsely So Called, (Greek elenchos kai anatrope tes pseudonymou gnoseos genitive case ...
... identifies work to be accomplished, a valuation of planned work, called Planned Value (PV) or Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled (BCWS), and pre-defined “earning rules” (also called ...
Famous quotes containing the word called:
“Better yet, if called by a panther,
—Ogden Nash (19021971)
“Reminiscences, even extensive ones, do not always amount to an autobiography.... For autobiography has to do with time, with sequence and what makes up the continuous flow of life. Here, I am talking of a space, of moments and discontinuities. For even if months and years appear here, it is in the form they have in the moment of recollection. This strange formit may be called fleeting or eternalis in neither case the stuff that life is made of.”
—Walter Benjamin (18921940)
“Known commonly as the jackass, this long-eared little creature is respected throughout the southwestroundly cursed yet respectedand here he is usually referred to by his Spanish name, burro. Because of his extraordinary bray, he is sometimes ironically called the Arizona Nightingale.”
—Administration in the State of Ariz, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)