Call may refer to:
- A type of betting in poker
- Animal communication, a song or noise made by an animal such as:
- Bird call, part of a bird song
- A command in square dancing, delivered by a caller
- Call option, a term in stock trading
- Call on shares, a request for a further payment on partly paid share capital
- A shell command in DOS, OS/2 and Microsoft Windows command-line interpreters
- System call, in computer science, the mechanism used by an application program to request service from the operating system or another application program
- A method of starting a Subroutine
- Any bid, pass, double, or redouble made in the bidding stage of contract bridge
Other articles related to "called":
... a loss of game, unless one was hooked (snookered) by one's opponent (even then, if a pocket is called for the 8, as opposed to "just a shot", i.e ... object balls, are generally considered legal shots in informal games, as long as they are called as split shots, and the hit is in fact simultaneous to the human eye ... is that a shot is a visit-ending (but not ball-in-hand) foul if one pockets one's called shot but also pockets another ball incidentally, even if it is one's own (howeve ...
... identifies work to be accomplished, a valuation of planned work, called Planned Value (PV) or Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled (BCWS), and pre-defined “earning rules” (also called metrics ...
... as one of the halls of Asgard "Then there is also in that place the abode called Breidablik, and there is not in heaven a fairer dwelling." Later in ...
... of Valentinus as he legomene gnostike haeresis "the heresy called Learned (gnostic)" ... Irenaeus' work On the Detection and Overthrow of Knowledge Falsely So Called, (Greek elenchos kai anatrope tes pseudonymou gnoseos genitive case ...
... In the UK and in US mechanical engineering, this is called moment of force shortened usually to moment ... to change the angular momentum of the object (the concept which in physics is called torque) ... as a drill bit accelerating from rest, the resulting moment is called a torque ...
Famous quotes containing the word called:
“The brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over we realize this: that the human race has been roughly handled, but that it has advanced.”
—Victor Hugo (18021885)
“What is called politics is comparatively something so superficial and inhuman, that practically I have never fairly recognized that it concerns me at all.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Great is my envy of death whose curt hard sword
Carried her whom I called my life away;
Me he disdains, and mocks me from her eyes!”