Call may refer to:
- A type of betting in poker
- Animal communication, a song or noise made by an animal such as:
- Bird call, part of a bird song
- A command in square dancing, delivered by a caller
- Call option, a term in stock trading
- Call on shares, a request for a further payment on partly paid share capital
- A shell command in DOS, OS/2 and Microsoft Windows command-line interpreters
- System call, in computer science, the mechanism used by an application program to request service from the operating system or another application program
- A method of starting a Subroutine
- Any bid, pass, double, or redouble made in the bidding stage of contract bridge
Other articles related to "called":
... to be accomplished, a valuation of planned work, called Planned Value (PV) or Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled (BCWS), and pre-defined “earning rules” (a ...
... hooked (snookered) by one's opponent (even then, if a pocket is called for the 8, as opposed to "just a shot", i.e ... in informal games, as long as they are called as split shots, and the hit is in fact simultaneous to the human eye ... but not ball-in-hand) foul if one pockets one's called shot but also pockets another ball incidentally, even if it is one's own (however, if that secondary pocketing was also called, the shot is ...
... In the UK and in US mechanical engineering, this is called moment of force shortened usually to moment ... not necessarily to change the angular momentum of the object (the concept which in physics is called torque) ... such as a drill bit accelerating from rest, the resulting moment is called a torque ...
... Gylfaginning as one of the halls of Asgard "Then there is also in that place the abode called Breidablik, and there is not in heaven a fairer dwelling." Later in the work, when Snorri describes Baldr, he gives a ...
... the school of Valentinus as he legomene gnostike haeresis "the heresy called Learned (gnostic)" ... Irenaeus' work On the Detection and Overthrow of Knowledge Falsely So Called, (Greek elenchos kai anatrope tes pseudonymou gnoseos genitive case ...
Famous quotes containing the word called:
“The little I know of it has not served to raise my opinion of what is vulgarly called the Monied Interest; I mean, that blood-sucker, that muckworm, that calls itself the friend of government.”
—William, Earl Of Pitt (17081778)
“Max Detweiler: I get a fiendish delight thinking of you as the mother of seven. How do you plan to do it?
The Baroness: Darling, havent you heard of a delightful little thing called boarding school?”
—Ernest Lehman (b. 1920)
“If Paris lived now, and preferred beauty to power and riches, it would not be called his Judgment, but his Want of Judgment.”
—Horace Walpole (17171797)