ExamplesSee also: List of fictional butlers
- Mr. Stevens, the protagonist of Kazuo Ishiguro's Booker Prize winning novel, The Remains of the Day and movie of the same name.
- Angus Hudson, from the television show Upstairs, Downstairs.
- Edmund Blackadder, butler to Prince George the Prince Regent, in the TV Series Blackadder the Third.
- Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne's butler from Batman is a well known fictional butler.
- Benson DuBois, the Tate butler in the hit 1970's sitcom, Soap
- Geoffrey Butler, the butler for the Banks Family on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- James La Croix, the butler of Montgomery Mason appearing in the sitcom Home, James.
- Nestor, the butler of Marlinspike Hall appearing in The Adventures of Tintin.
- Niles the butler in the TV Series The Nanny.
- Wadsworth, the protagonist in the movie Clue.
- Sebastian Michaelis, a demon disguised as an extremely handsome man bound by contract to his young British master, Ciel Phantomhive, in the Black Butler Manga and Anime series.
- Also from the same series is Claude Faustus. Like Sebastian, he is a demon bound by contract to his master, Alois Trancy.
- Sebastian Beach, from the Blandings Castle stories by P. G. Wodehouse, of intimidating majesty but nonetheless a good soul who frequently co-conspires with the clever Gally Threepwood.
- Butler, the butler for Prince Salde Canarl Shellbrick III off of the puzzle game Puyo Puyo Fever 2.
- Smithers, Veronica Lodge's fictional butler.
- Spencer, butler in Power Rangers Operation Overdrive
- Pickering, a bullying, slave-driving butler who was the regular villain of the piece in No Tears for Molly from Tammy, a British comic which ran from 1971 to 1984.
- Hugh Edgar, butler, The Edwardian Country House, 2002 British historical recreation TV series
- Cadbury, butler to Richie Rich
- Higgins, from the sitcom Our Man Higgins and the radio comedy on which it was based, It's Higgins, Sir, which revolve around his character
- Underling, the butler in the 2006 Broadway Musical The Drowsy Chaperone
- The titular protagonist of Hayate the Combat Butler
- Butler Seo / Johann Seo, butler-turned-lover to Lady Kang Hae Na of My Fair Lady
- Mr Carson, butler to the Crawley family in Downton Abbey
Other articles related to "examples, example":
... Examples include the British Daring class, US Forrest Sherman-class, and the Soviet Kotlin-class destroyers ... Examples include the US FRAM I programme and the British Type 15 frigates converted from fleet destroyers ... Examples include the Soviet Kashin-class, the British County class, and the American Charles F ...
... For example, a shop might give away its stock in its promotion, but producing these goods would still have required the use of scarce resources ... Examples include ideas and works that are reproducible at zero cost, or almost zero cost ... For example, if someone invents a new device, many people could copy this invention, with no danger of this "resource" running out ...
... Tatira has given a number of examples of proverbs used in advertising in Zimbabwe ... However, unlike the examples given above in English, all of which are anti-proverbs, Tatira's examples are standard proverbs ... make a potential customer smile, in one of the Zimbabwean examples "both the content of the proverb and the fact that it is phrased as a proverb secure the idea of a ...
... For example, an acronym is a word formed from the initial letter or letters of each of the successive parts or major parts of a compound term (as radar) ... In the examples ananym and metanym, the correct forms (anonym and metonym) were pre-occupied by other meanings ... Other, late 20th century examples, such as hypernym and characternym, are typically incorrectly formed neologisms for which there are more traditional words formed in -onym (hyperonym and ...
... though /oʊ/ as in toe (other examples dough) tough /ʌf/ as in cuff (other examples rough, enough) cough /ɒf/ as in off (other examples Gough (name, some pronunciations)) hiccough (a ...
Famous quotes containing the word examples:
“Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends.”
—Alexander Pope (16881744)
“It is hardly to be believed how spiritual reflections when mixed with a little physics can hold peoples attention and give them a livelier idea of God than do the often ill-applied examples of his wrath.”
—G.C. (Georg Christoph)
“In the examples that I here bring in of what I have [read], heard, done or said, I have refrained from daring to alter even the smallest and most indifferent circumstances. My conscience falsifies not an iota; for my knowledge I cannot answer.”
—Michel de Montaigne (15331592)