Brunt is a common surname:
- Chris Brunt, West Bromwich Albion football player
- Daryl Brunt, contestant on the third season of Canadian Idol
- David Brunt, British meteorologist
- Dominic Brunt, English actor
- John Brunt, soldier in World War II who was posthumously awarded the Victoria Cross
- John Brunt V.C. (public house), the pub that bears his name
- Katherine Brunt, English cricketer and 2006 England women's Cricketer of the Year.
- Martin Brunt, crime correspondent for Sky News
- Maureen Brunt, American Olympic curler
- Peter Brunt, ancient historian at Oxford University
- Stephen Brunt, Canadian sports journalist
- Van Brunt House, historic home in Miccosukee, Florida
- In fiction
- Abraham "Brom" van Brunt, fictional character in Washington Irving's short story The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- Liquidator Brunt, a character in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
- Brunt, a remote-controlled drone of the Transformer Trypticon.
Other articles related to "brunt":
... Peter Astbury Brunt FBA (23 June 1917 in Coulsdon, Surrey, England – 5 November 2005 in Oxford) was an ancient historian at Oxford University ... Brunt, the son of a Methodist minister, was educated at Ipswich School and Oriel College, Oxford, graduating in 1939 ... During World War II Brunt served in the Ministry of Shipping ...
... the pub was still known by local residents simply as The Brunt) ... the pub changed its name, although the "John Brunt V.C." brass wording that used to hang on the outside wall was found at the nearby hop farm ... by an art student at Mascalls School was unveiled by Eric Knight, who knew John Brunt when at school ...
... The Score Television Network, Williams went after his co-host, Stephen Brunt ... show, and Jim Van Horne and Stephen Brunt for the afternoon drive slot ... Van Horne and Brunt represented roughly a $375,000 investment in annual salaries ...
... As the CTV-Rogers Olympic consortium won the broadcast rights to the 2010 Winter Olympics, Stephen Brunt became a central journalist leading up to and during the games ... arose when it was announced that Brunt would be carrying the Olympic torch in Newfoundland ... Brunt was initially singled out by the Toronto Sun and by the Toronto Star as being unethical as a journalist for carrying the torch ...
... After leaving the London College of Printing, Brunt first joined the editorial staff of Power Laundry and Cleaning News, owned by the International Publishing Corporation (IPC ... Later, Brunt was first to break news of the death of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother in 2002 and the murder of television presenter Jill Dando in 1999 ... Brunt has also reported from South Africa on the murder inquiry into "Adam", an unknown boy whose torso was found in the River Thames in 2001 ...
Famous quotes containing the word brunt:
“There was ... a large, shaggy dog, whose nose, report said, was full of porcupine quills. I can testify that he looked very sober. This is the usual fortune of pioneer dogs, for they have to face the brunt of the battle for their race.... When a generation or two have used up all their enemies darts, their successors lead a comparatively easy life. We owe to our fathers analogous blessings.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)