Walter Quintus is a German musician, composer and sound engineer.
As a musician, composer, producer, arranger, engineer and real-time processor, “Master of the Craft of Sound” Walter Quintus has collaborated with a diverse assortment of some of the greatest musicians from the world's musical cultures. Either on location or at his studio in Germany he has worked closely with musicians from India, Turkey, Java and Bali as well as countries of the Middle East and Europe and all parts of the USA. With computer software, Ouintus creates audio dimensions of time, space and color. Artists he has worked closely with include
- Richard Barbieri, Joey Baron, Django Bates, Harry Beckett, Richie Beirach, John Bergamo, Michael Brecker, Phil Brown, Jack Bruce, Bill Bruford
- Carolyn Carlson, Philip Catherine, Gary Chaffee, Don Cherry, Eric Clapton, J.F. Jenny-Clark, John Clark, Clem Clempson, Sylvie Courvoisier, Jim Cox
- Eddie Daniels
- Kudsi Erguner, Peter Erskine, Bill Evans
- Mark Feldman, Anton Fier, Renaud Garcia-Fons, Buddy deFranco, Gamelan Sekar Tunjung, Jan Garbarek, Michel Godard, Mick Goodrick, Danny Gottlieb, Shoba Gurtu, Trilok Gurtu
- Billy Hart, Dick Heckstall-Smith, Allan Holdsworth, Daniel Humair, Gary Husband, Tony Hymas
- Jimmy Johnson
- Mick Karn, Rabih Abou-Khalil, Eartha Kitt, Lee Konitz
- Christof Lauer, David Liebman, Steve Lukather
- Kamalesh Maitra, Albert Mangelsdorff, Ed Mann, Charlie Mariano, Jean-Louis Matinier, Pat Metheny, Gary Moore, Glen Moore, Jaques Morelenbaum, Alphonse Mouzon, Wolfgang Muthspiel
- Mark Nauseef, NDR Bigband
- Maggie Reilly, Repercussion Unit
- Louis Sclavis, L. Shankar, Michael Shrieve, Markus Stockhausen, Simon Stockhausen
- Miroslav Tadic, Jahn Teigen, Thomanerchor, David Torn, Ralph Towner
- Naná Vasconcelos, Glen Velez, Edward Vesala
- Chad Wackerman
- Joe Zawinul and many others.
Famous quotes containing the word walter:
“And they be these: the wood, the weed, the wag.
The wood is that which makes the gallow tree;
The weed is that which strings the hangmans bag;”
—Sir Walter Raleigh (1552?1618)