Among Walter Benjamin’s works are:
- Zur Kritik der Gewalt (Critique of Violence, 1921).
- Goethes Wahlverwandtschaften (Goethe’s Elective Affinities, 1922).
- Ursprung des deutschen Trauerspiels (Origin of German Tragic Drama, 1928).
- Einbahnstraße (One Way Street, 1928).
- "Karl Kraus" (1931 in the Frankfurter Zeitung).
- Das Kunstwerk im Zeitalter seiner technischen Reproduzierbarkeit (The Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction, 1936).
- Berliner Kindheit um 1900 (Berlin Childhood around 1900, 1950).
- Über den Begriff der Geschichte (On the Concept of History / Theses on the Philosophy of History), 1940.
- Das Paris des Second Empire bei Baudelaire (The Paris of the Second Empire in Baudelaire, 1938).
Read more about this topic: Walter Benjamin
Famous quotes containing the word works:
“I cannot spare water or wine, Tobacco-leaf, or poppy, or rose;
From the earth-poles to the line, All between that works or grows,
Every thing is kin of mine.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“... no one who has not been an integral part of a slaveholding community, can have any idea of its abominations.... even were slavery no curse to its victims, the exercise of arbitrary power works such fearful ruin upon the hearts of slaveholders, that I should feel impelled to labor and pray for its overthrow with my last energies and latest breath.”
—Angelina Grimké (18051879)
“I meet him at every turn. He is more alive than ever he was. He has earned immortality. He is not confined to North Elba nor to Kansas. He is no longer working in secret. He works in public, and in the clearest light that shines on this land.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)