Timothy may refer to:
- Timothy (name), a common male given name; also a family name
- First Epistle to Timothy, an epistle of the Bible attributed to Paul
- Second Epistle to Timothy, an epistle of the Bible attributed to Paul
- Timothy-grass, a type of a grass
- Timothy (tortoise), famous tortoise of the UK
- "Timothy" (song), early 1970s song by The Buoys
- Timothy Goes to School, a children's animated series produced by Nelvana
- Saint Timothy, a 1st-century Christian and figure in the Book of Acts, and the reputed recipient of the two epistles listed above;
- Saint Timothy, a 3rd and 4th-century Christian, bishop of Antioch and martyr mentioned in the Actus Silvestri and buried at San Paolo fuori le Mura in Rome.
- Timothy Dalton (born 1946), a British actor;
- Timothy Hutton (born 1960), an American actor;
- Timothy Olyphant (born 1968), an American actor;
- Timothy Spall (born 1957), an English actor;
- Christopher Timothy (born 1940), a Welsh actor.
- Timothy Drew, Founder of the Moorish Science Temple of America (d. 1929)
- Timothy, Tennessee, an unincorporated town in Overton County, Tennessee
- Timothy Christian School, a school system in Elmhurst, Illinois
- Timothy Christian School, a school in Piscataway, New Jersey
- Chief Timothy camping area/park in southeast Washington
- See also
- Tim (disambiguation)
- Timoti (disambiguation)
Famous quotes containing the word timothy:
“Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomachs sake and thine often infirmities.”
—Bible: New Testament 1 Timothy 5:23.
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.”
—Bible: New Testament 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
“Timothy Winters comes to school
With eyes as wide as a football-pool,
Ears like bombs and teeth like splinters:
A blitz of a boy is Timothy Winters.”
—Charles Causley (b. 1917)