Thread may refer to:
- Thread (yarn), a kind of thin yarn used for sewing
- Thread (computing), a sequence of instructions that may execute in parallel with others
- Thread (Pern), a spore in the science fiction novels Dragonriders of Pern
- Thread (unit of measurement), a cotton yarn measure
- Thread (album), a 1999 album by Wideawake
- Thread, a poem by Patti Smith from her 1978 book Babel
- Screw thread, a spiral ridge on a cylinder
- Threaded discussion, a group of messages or postings to a newsgroup, mailing list or Internet forum on a single topic
- Threads, a 1984 BBC television post nuclear attack movie
- Threads (Temposhark album)
- Threads (Battlefield Band album), 1995
- "Threads" (song), a song by This Will Destroy You from their self-titled album, This Will Destroy You
- "Threads" (Stargate SG-1), a 2005 season 8 Stargate SG-1 episode
Other articles related to "thread, threads":
... The silkworm, when commencing to spin, emits a dull, lustreless and uneven thread with which it suspends itself from the twigs and leaves of the tree upon which it has been feeding, or ... are too coarse and uneven for reeling and as the worm completes its task of spinning, the thread becomes finer and weaker, so both the extreme outside and inside layers are ... silk often breaks and both in finding a true and reliable thread, and in joining the ends, there is unavoidable waste ...
... consists of nine semi-transparent prisms, which were created using gold thread ... The gold thread is then wrapped around each protruding nail, from floor to ceiling, to create the prism ... Light is shined onto the prisms at various angles, emphasizing the metallic sheen of the thread ...
... The greatest advantage of square threads is that they have a much higher intrinsic efficiency than Acme threads ... Due to the lack of a thread angle there is no radial pressure, or bursting pressure, on the nut ... The greatest disadvantage is the difficulty in machining such a thread ...
... The thread angle of a screw is the angle between the threads ... This is a defining factor for the shape of a screw thread ... Standard values include Thread standard Thread angle Profile Letter code Standards Most V-threads (including ISO, NPT and UTS) 60° M DIN 13 / ISO ? / ASME/ANSI ? Whitworth threads 55 ...
... was that it was semi-automatic, when a warp thread broke the weaver was notified ... When the shuttle ran out of thread, the machine stopped ... operate 6 or even 8 looms, although that was governed by the thread being used ...
Famous quotes containing the word thread:
“First you find a little thread, a little thread leads you to a string, and the string leads you to a rope. And from the rope you hang by the ... neck.”
—A.I. (Albert Isaac)
“It may be the more
That no line of her writing have I,
Nor a thread of her hair,
No mark of her late time as dame in her dwelling, whereby
I may picture her there.”
—Thomas Hardy (18401928)
“We construct a narrative for ourselves, and thats the thread that we follow from one day to the next. People who disintegrate as personalities are the ones who lose that thread.”
—Paul Auster (b. 1947)