Testament can refer to:
- Old Testament, the large, first section of the holy scriptures of Christianity, incorporating the Jewish Scriptures (the Tanakh)
- New Testament, the smaller, final section of the holy scriptures of Christianity including the Gospels, epistles of Paul, and other writings
- Final Testament, the Qur'an, the holy scriptures of Islam
- Will (law), a document detailing wishes upon the author's death and one of the original uses of testament; often referred to as "Last Will and Testament"
- Testament (film), a 1983 film about the aftermath of a nuclear war on a family
- Le grand testament, the masterpiece of poet François Villon, who also wrote a Petit testament
- Lenin's Testament, name given to a document written by Vladimir Lenin in the last weeks of 1922 and the first week of 1923
- Testament (band), an American thrash metal band
- Testament (comic book), a 2005 comic book
- Das Testament, an album by E Nomine
- Testament (Xenosaga), mysterious characters from the Xenosaga series
- Testament (Guilty Gear), a character from the video game series Guilty Gear
- Testament Records (UK), a classical music record label
- Testament Records (USA), an American roots music record label
- The Testament (Ludlum novel), a novel by Eric Van Lustbader
- Testament, a 1988 television series based on the book Testament: the Bible and History by John Romer
- "Testament", a song by Axium from Blindsided
- Testament, a novel by David Morrell
Famous quotes containing the word testament:
“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
—Bible: New Testament Jesus, in John, 8:32.
These words are inscribed on the wall of the main lobby at the CIA headquarters, Langley, Virginia.
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.”
—Bible: New Testament 1 Peter 5:8.
“And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.”
—Bible: New Testament St. John the Divine, in Revelation, 20:12.