Technical may refer to:
- Technical (vehicle), a fighting vehicle based on a pickup truck
- Technical analysis, a discipline for forecasting the future direction of prices through the study of past market data
- Technical drawing, also known as drafting
- Technical death metal, a sub-genre of death metal that focuses on complex rhythms, riffs and song structures
- Technical foul, an infraction of the rules in basketball usually concerning unsportsmanlike non-contact behavior
- Technical rehearsal for a performance, often simply referred to as a "technical"
- Technical support, a range of services providing assistance with technology products
- Vocational education, often known as "technical education"
Famous quotes containing the word technical:
“The best work of artists in any age is the work of innocence liberated by technical knowledge. The laboratory experiments that led to the theory of pure color equipped the impressionists to paint nature as if it had only just been created.”
—Nancy Hale (b. 1908)
“The axioms of physics translate the laws of ethics. Thus, the whole is greater than its part; reaction is equal to action; the smallest weight may be made to lift the greatest, the difference of weight being compensated by time; and many the like propositions, which have an ethical as well as physical sense. These propositions have a much more extensive and universal sense when applied to human life, than when confined to technical use.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains.”
—Eric Hoffer (19021983)