Technical may refer to:
- Technical (vehicle), a fighting vehicle based on a pickup truck
- Technical analysis, a discipline for forecasting the future direction of prices through the study of past market data
- Technical drawing, also known as drafting
- Technical death metal, a sub-genre of death metal that focuses on complex rhythms, riffs and song structures
- Technical foul, an infraction of the rules in basketball usually concerning unsportsmanlike non-contact behavior
- Technical rehearsal for a performance, often simply referred to as a "technical"
- Technical support, a range of services providing assistance with technology products
- Vocational education, often known as "technical education"
Famous quotes containing the word technical:
“In middle life, the human back is spoiling for a technical knockout and will use the flimsiest excuse, even a sneeze, to fall apart.”
—E.B. (Elwyn Brooks)
“The axioms of physics translate the laws of ethics. Thus, the whole is greater than its part; reaction is equal to action; the smallest weight may be made to lift the greatest, the difference of weight being compensated by time; and many the like propositions, which have an ethical as well as physical sense. These propositions have a much more extensive and universal sense when applied to human life, than when confined to technical use.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“Woman is the future of man. That means that the world which was once formed in mans image will now be transformed to the image of woman. The more technical and mechanical, cold and metallic it becomes, the more it will need the kind of warmth that only the woman can give it. If we want to save the world, we must adapt to the woman, let ourselves be led by the woman, let ourselves be penetrated by the Ewigweiblich, the eternally feminine!”
—Milan Kundera (b. 1929)