Technical may refer to:
- Technical (vehicle), a fighting vehicle based on a pickup truck
- Technical analysis, a discipline for forecasting the future direction of prices through the study of past market data
- Technical drawing, also known as drafting
- Technical death metal, a sub-genre of death metal that focuses on complex rhythms, riffs and song structures
- Technical foul, an infraction of the rules in basketball usually concerning unsportsmanlike non-contact behavior
- Technical rehearsal for a performance, often simply referred to as a "technical"
- Technical support, a range of services providing assistance with technology products
- Vocational education, often known as "technical education"
Famous quotes containing the word technical:
“In effect, to follow, not to force the public inclination; to give a direction, a form, a technical dress, and a specific sanction, to the general sense of the community, is the true end of legislature.”
—Edmund Burke (17291797)
“The best work of artists in any age is the work of innocence liberated by technical knowledge. The laboratory experiments that led to the theory of pure color equipped the impressionists to paint nature as if it had only just been created.”
—Nancy Hale (b. 1908)
“I rather think the cinema will die. Look at the energy being exerted to revive ityesterday it was color, today three dimensions. I dont give it forty years more. Witness the decline of conversation. Only the Irish have remained incomparable conversationalists, maybe because technical progress has passed them by.”
—Orson Welles (19151984)