Spit may refer to:
- Spit, another word for rain
- Spit, another word for rapping
- Spit, another word for saliva
- Spitting, the act of forcibly expelling from the mouth
- Spit (archaeology) an archaeological term for a unit of archaeological excavation
- Spit (card game)
- Spit (landform), a section of land that extends into a body of water
- Spit (VoIP spam), an unsolicited telephone call made using IP telephony
- Spit the dog, sidekick of Bob Carolgees
Spit may also refer to:
Read more about Spit: An Acronym, Cooking, Location, Music
Famous quotes containing the word spit:
“Zorba: Why do the young die? Why does anybody die?
Basil: I dont know.
Zorba: Whats the use of all your damn books? If they dont tell you that, what the hell do they tell you?
Basil: They tell me about the agony of men who cant answer questions like yours.
I spit on their agony.”
—Michael Cacoyannis (b. 1922)
“...as for helping me in the outside world, the Convent taught me only that if you spit on a pencil eraser, it will erase ink.”
—Dorothy Parker (18931967)
“The monster of advertisement ... is a sort of octopus with innumerable tentacles. It throws out to right and left, in front and behind, its clammy arms, and gathers in, through its thousand little suckers, all the gossip and slander and praise afloat, to spit out again at the public.”
—Sarah Bernhardt (18441923)