Score or scorer may refer to:
- Test score, the result of an exam
- A groove cut into a surface in engineering
- A joining technique in pottery
- Score, slang for sexual intercourse and other sexual activities
- Bauer Inverness, formally Score Inverness, a former radio company
- Scorefile, a file used by some Usenet newsreader programs
Famous quotes containing the word score:
“And theres a score of duchesses, surpassing womankind,
Or who have found a painter to make them so for pay
And smooth out stain and blemish with the elegance of his mind:
I knew a phoenix in my youth, so let them have their day.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)
“Women who are either indisputably beautiful, or indisputably ugly, are best flattered upon the score of their understandings; but those who are in a state of mediocrity are best flattered upon their beauty, or at least their graces: for every woman who is not absolutely ugly, thinks herself handsome.”
—Philip Dormer Stanhope, 4th Earl Chesterfield (16941773)
“How many miles to Babylon?
Three score and ten.
Can I get there by candlelight?
Yes, and back again.”
—Mother Goose (fl. 17th18th century. How many miles to Babylon? (l. 14)