The Royal Signals Trades are the employment specialisations of the Royal Corps of Signals in the British Army. Every soldier in the Corps is trained both as a field soldier and a tradesman. There are currently seven different trades, each of which is open to both men and women:
- Communication Systems Operator: an expert in military radio communications.
- Communication Systems Engineer: an expert in data communications and computer networks.
- Royal Signals Electrician: an expert in maintaining and repairing generators and providing electrical power.
- Driver Lineman: an expert in driving, laying line and installing cabling.
- Installation Technician: an expert in installing and repairing fibreoptics and telephone systems.
- Electronic Warfare Systems Operator: an expert in intercepting and jamming enemy communications.
- Technical Supply Specialist: an expert in managing and accounting for communications equipment.
Famous quotes containing the words royal, signals and/or trades:
“But while meditating
What we cant or can
Lets keep starring man
In the royal role.”
—Robert Frost (18741963)
“The term preschooler signals another change in our expectations of children. While toddler refers to physical development, preschooler refers to a social and intellectual activity: going to school. That shift in emphasis is tremendously important, for it is at this age that we think of children as social creatures who can begin to solve problems.”
—Lawrence Kutner (20th century)
“If a man lose his balance, and immerse himself in any trades or pleasures for their own sake, he may be a good wheel or pin, but he is not a cultivated man.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)