Rest may refer to:
- Human relaxation
Rest may also refer to:
- Rest (music), a pause in a piece of music
- Rest (physics), the relation between two observers
- Rest (album), a 2008 album by Gregor Samsa
- Rest (band), Irish instrumental doom metal band
- Bank reserves, holdings in accounts at the Bank of England, plus cash in bank vaults
- Support (structure)
- Rest (cue sports) or mechanical bridge, a device supporting a cue stick on long shots in snooker, billiards and pool games
- Arm rest
- Head rest
- Leg rest
REST may refer to:
- RE1-silencing transcription factor, a human gene
- Representational state transfer, software architecture, including RESTful web services
- Restricted Environmental Stimulation Technique, a sensory deprivation technique
- ReStructuredText, a lightweight markup language
- Retail Employees Superannuation Trust, Australia's largest superannuation fund by membership
- Revised Extended Standard Theory, a theory of linguistic competence developed by Noam Chomsky in the mid-1970s
Famous quotes containing the word rest:
“May they rest in peace.
[Requiescant in pace.]”
—Missal, The. Order of Mass for the Dead.
The Missal is book of prayers and rites used to celebrate the Roman Catholic mass during the year.
“Come away to a deserted place all by yourselves and rest a while. For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat.”
—Bible: New Testament, Mark 6:31.
Jesus to the disciples.