Punch may refer to:
- Punch (combat), a strike made using the hand closed into a fist
- Punch (drink), a general term for various mixed drinks, often containing fruit, fruit juice, and/or alcohol
- Mr. Punch, the principal puppet character in the traditional Punch and Judy puppet show.
- Mr. Punch, a fictional character in The Tragical Comedy or Comical Tragedy of Mr. Punch graphic novel by Neil Gaiman
- Dodona (genus), a group of metalmark butterflies commonly known as the Punches, in particular
- Dodona eugenes, a Dodona commonly known as the Punch
Famous quotes containing the word punch:
“Lilly Dillon: Howd you get that punch in the stomach, Roy?
Roy Dillon: I tripped on a chair.
Lilly Dillon: Get off the grift, Roy.
Roy Dillon: Why?
Lilly Dillon: You havent got the stomach for it.”
—Donald E. Westlake (b. 1933)
“At least the Pilgrim Fathers used to shoot Indians: the Pilgrim Children merely punch time clocks.”
—E.E. (Edward Estlin)
“There are two kinds of fathers in traditional households: the fathers of sons and the fathers of daughters. These two kinds of fathers sometimes co-exist in one and the same man. For instance, Daughters Father kisses his little girl goodnight, strokes her hair, hugs her warmly, then goes into the next room where he becomes Sons Father, who says in a hearty voice, perhaps with a light punch on the boys shoulder: Goodnight, Son, see ya in the morning.”
—Letty Cottin Pogrebin (20th century)