The vegetation of Paiko is considered lush. Genera of large trees include:
- Quercus (Oak) (especially Quercus pubescens and Quercus frainetto)
- plane (especially Platanus orientalis)
- alder (especially Alnus glutinosa)
- apple trees
Smaller plants and fungi include:
- Species of grass.
- Shrubs such as wild strawberries.
- Mushrooms. A rare species (Daedaleopsis septentrionalis) known only in northern areas was discovered in 2009.
- Flowers like Primula vulgaris, Scilla bifolia, Viola odorata, Galanthus elwesii and Crocus veluchensis.
Famous quotes containing the word flora:
“A mans interest in a single bluebird is worth more than a complete but dry list of the fauna and flora of a town.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)