McDonald Island may refer to
- Heard Island and McDonald Islands, in the Southern Ocean, administered by Australia.
- McDonald Island (Alaska), in Frederick Sound near Petersburg.
- McDonald Island (California), in San Joaquin County on the San Joaquin River.
- McDonald Island (Georgia), in Charlton County in the Okefenokee Swamp.
- McDonald Island (Illinois), in the Mississippi River in southern Adams County and northern Pike County.
- McDonald Island (Michigan), a low island in the delta off the St. Clair River, within the St. Clair Flats State Wildlife Area.
- McDonald Island (Ontario), in the St. Lawrence River
Famous quotes containing the words mcdonald and/or island:
“Old McDonald had a farm. To his sorrow, to his sorrow.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)
“The shifting islands! who would not be willing that his house should be undermined by such a foe! The inhabitant of an island can tell what currents formed the land which he cultivates; and his earth is still being created or destroyed. There before his door, perchance, still empties the stream which brought down the material of his farm ages before, and is still bringing it down or washing it away,the graceful, gentle robber!”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)