League may refer to:
- League (unit), obsolete unit of length of an hour's walk
- Rugby league, full contact football code
- National Rugby League, premier Australasian league
- Super League, premier European league
- Catholic League, one of several religious confederations or sports teams
- Sports league
- The League, sitcom on FX about Fantasy Football.
- The League (Internet), also listed as TheLeagueTv, internet series about two hitmen
- The LEAGUE, program for service learning.
- La Lega (song), Italian song
- League (Inner Mongolia), administrative division equivalent to a prefecture
Famous quotes containing the word league:
“Stereotypes fall in the face of humanity. You toodle along, thinking that all gay men wear leather after dark and should never, ever be permitted around a Little League field. And then one day your best friend from college, the one your kids adore, comes out to you.”
—Anna Quindlen (b. 1952)
“Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
Forward the Light Brigade!”
—Alfred Tennyson (18091892)
“He will deliver you from six troubles; in seven no harm shall touch you. In famine he will redeem you from death, and in war from the power of the sword. You shall be hidden from the scourge of the tongue, and shall not fear destruction when it comes. At destruction and famine you shall laugh, and shall not fear the wild animals of the earth. For you shall be in league with the stones of the field, and the wild animals shall be at peace with you.”
—Bible: Hebrew, Job 5:19-23.