League may refer to:
- League (unit), obsolete unit of length of an hour's walk
- Rugby league, full contact football code
- National Rugby League, premier Australasian league
- Super League, premier European league
- Catholic League, one of several religious confederations or sports teams
- Sports league
- The League, sitcom on FX about Fantasy Football.
- The League (Internet), also listed as TheLeagueTv, internet series about two hitmen
- The LEAGUE, program for service learning.
- La Lega (song), Italian song
- League (Inner Mongolia), administrative division equivalent to a prefecture
Famous quotes containing the word league:
“Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
Forward the Light Brigade!”
—Alfred Tennyson (18091892)
“Were the victims of a disease called social prejudice, my child. These dear ladies of the law and order league are scouring out the dregs of the town. Cmon be a glorified wreck like me.”
—Dudley Nichols (18951960)
“Stereotypes fall in the face of humanity. You toodle along, thinking that all gay men wear leather after dark and should never, ever be permitted around a Little League field. And then one day your best friend from college, the one your kids adore, comes out to you.”
—Anna Quindlen (b. 1952)