League may refer to:
- League (unit), obsolete unit of length of an hour's walk
- Rugby league, full contact football code
- National Rugby League, premier Australasian league
- Super League, premier European league
- Catholic League, one of several religious confederations or sports teams
- Sports league
- The League, sitcom on FX about Fantasy Football.
- The League (Internet), also listed as TheLeagueTv, internet series about two hitmen
- The LEAGUE, program for service learning.
- La Lega (song), Italian song
- League (Inner Mongolia), administrative division equivalent to a prefecture
Famous quotes containing the word league:
“I am not impressed by the Ivy League establishments. Of course they graduate the bestits all theyll take, leaving to others the problem of educating the country. They will give you an education the way the banks will give you moneyprovided you can prove to their satisfaction that you dont need it.”
—Peter De Vries (b. 1910)
“Stereotypes fall in the face of humanity. You toodle along, thinking that all gay men wear leather after dark and should never, ever be permitted around a Little League field. And then one day your best friend from college, the one your kids adore, comes out to you.”
—Anna Quindlen (b. 1952)
“Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
Forward the Light Brigade!”
—Alfred Tennyson (18091892)