League may refer to:
- League (unit), obsolete unit of length of an hour's walk
- Rugby league, full contact football code
- National Rugby League, premier Australasian league
- Super League, premier European league
- Catholic League, one of several religious confederations or sports teams
- Sports league
- The League, sitcom on FX about Fantasy Football.
- The League (Internet), also listed as TheLeagueTv, internet series about two hitmen
- The LEAGUE, program for service learning.
- La Lega (song), Italian song
- League (Inner Mongolia), administrative division equivalent to a prefecture
Famous quotes containing the word league:
“Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
Forward the Light Brigade!”
—Alfred Tennyson (18091892)
“I am not impressed by the Ivy League establishments. Of course they graduate the bestits all theyll take, leaving to others the problem of educating the country. They will give you an education the way the banks will give you moneyprovided you can prove to their satisfaction that you dont need it.”
—Peter De Vries (b. 1910)
“He will deliver you from six troubles; in seven no harm shall touch you. In famine he will redeem you from death, and in war from the power of the sword. You shall be hidden from the scourge of the tongue, and shall not fear destruction when it comes. At destruction and famine you shall laugh, and shall not fear the wild animals of the earth. For you shall be in league with the stones of the field, and the wild animals shall be at peace with you.”
—Bible: Hebrew, Job 5:19-23.