In The Media
- Stephen Fry has recorded an audio collection of Belloc's children's poetry.
- A notable admirer of Belloc was the composer Peter Warlock, who set many of his poems to music.
- A well-known parody of Belloc by Sir John Squire, intended as a tribute, is Mr. Belloc's Fancy.
- Syd Barrett, a founder of Pink Floyd, was a fan. His song "Matilda Mother" was drawn directly from verses in Cautionary Tales, and was rewritten when Belloc's estate refused permission to record them. The Belloc version has been released on a 40th anniversary reissue of The Piper at the Gates of Dawn.
- His house was used in Jonathan Creek
Read more about this topic: Hilaire Belloc
Famous quotes containing the word media:
“The media no longer ask those who know something ... to share that knowledge with the public. Instead they ask those who know nothing to represent the ignorance of the public and, in so doing, to legitimate it.”
—Serge Daney (19441992)