- Al Held (1928–2005), U.S. abstract expressionist painter.
- Anna Held (1873–1918), Polish stage performer
- Bud Held (born 1927), U.S. athlete who competed primarily in the javelin.
- Candice Held (born 1973), Los Angeles based women's clothing designer
- Carl Held (born 1931), U.S. actor.
- Cornelis den Held (1883–1962), Dutch athlete who competed at the 1908 Summer Olympics in London
- Dan Held (born 1961), Canadian former professional ice hockey centre
- David Held (born 1951), British political theorist
- Franz Held (born 1948), German rower who competed for West Germany in the 1968 Summer Olympics and in the 1972 Summer Olympics
- Heinrich Held (1868–1938), Minister-President of Bavaria
- Henk-Jan Held (born 1967), Dutch volleyball player
- Isaac Held, American meteorologist
- John Held, Jr. (1889–1958), U.S. illustrator.
- Kurt Held (1897–1959), Jewish Communist and writer displaced from Germany during the Second World War
- Louis Held (1851–1927), German photojournalist
- Madeline Held, a British academic
- Marcin Held (born 1992), Polish mixed martial artist
- Martin Held (1908–1992), German television and film actor
- Mel Held (born 1929), retired American professional baseball player
- Oliver Held (born 1972), German football player
- Paul Held (born 1928), former quarterback in the National Football League
- S. S. Held, a French science fiction and fantasy author
- Sigfried Held (born 1942), German football player
- Woodie Held (1932–2009), Major league baseball player
- Zeus B. Held (born 1950), German music producer and musician
|This page or section lists people with the surname Held. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|
Read more about this topic: Held
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“A spirit of innovation is generally the result of a selfish temper and confined views. People will not look forward to posterity, who never look backward to their ancestors.”
—Edmund Burke (17291797)
“Simone Clouseau: We cant just let him rot in prison.
Sir Charles: Oh, it takes years for people to rot.”
—Blake Edwards (b. 1922)
“I never saw any people who appeared to live so much without amusement as the Cincinnatians.... Were it not for the churches,... I think there might be a general bonfire of best bonnets, for I never could discover any other use for them.”
—Frances Trollope (17801863)