The word hang can mean:
- Hanging, a form of capital punishment.
- Hang (instrument), a musical instrument.
- "Hang", a song by Avail from their 1996 album 4am Friday
- Hang (computing), a computer malfunction.
- Hanging scroll, a type of decorative art.
- Hanging craft, decorative or symbolic hanging object
- Hang, a Chinese word
- Hanging (meat), a form of beef aging.
Famous quotes containing the word hang:
“Apeneck Sweeney spreads his knees
Letting his arms hang down to laugh,
The zebra strips along his jaw
Swelling to maculate giraffe.”
—T.S. (Thomas Stearns)
“There comes Emerson first, whose rich words, every one,
Are like gold nails in temples to hang trophies on,
Whose prose is grand verse, while his verse, the Lord knows,
Is some of it prNo, t is not even prose;
Im speaking of metres;”
—James Russell Lowell (18191891)
“If human beings were shown what theyre really like, theyd either kill one another as vermin, or hang themselves.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)