Fusiform means having a spindle-like shape that is wide in the middle and tapers at both ends.
- Aneurysms can be classified as saccular or fusiform
- Some muscles in the body, like the pronator teres muscle that pronates the forearm, may have a fusiform shape.
- In botany, a fusiform cell or other plant structure is spindle-like and tapers at both ends
- A body shape common to many aquatic animals, characterized by being tapered at both the head and the tail.
- The fusiform gyrus is part of the temporal lobe of the brain
- The fusiform face area (FFA) is a part of the human visual system which seems to specialize in facial recognition