Doom may refer to:
- dōm, the Anglo-Saxon word meaning "judgment", "law"
- Doom book the Laws of King Aelfred, Legal Code of Alfred the Great, Code of Alfred 893
- Destiny, a predetermined course of events
- Doom (painting), a painting that depicts the Last Judgment
- Black Doom, leader of the Black Arms in the Sonic the Hedgehog fictional universe
- Doctor Doom, a supervillain and ruler of a small country within the Marvel Comics universe
- Doom 2099, a futuristic version of Doctor Doom
- Doom novels, a series of novels initially based on the Doom video game series.
- Mount Doom, a volcano in J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings
Famous quotes containing the word doom:
“If, in all the cities, every house that is past repairing could be pulled down or burned up, how great would be the crash, how heaven-high the conflagration. It would be a veritable crack of Doom and glare of the Judgment.”
—Albion Fellows Bacon (18651933)