Confinement may refer to either
- Civil confinement for psychiatric patients
- Color confinement, the physical principle explaining the non-observation of color charged particles like free quarks
- Solitary confinement, a strict form of imprisonment
- The confinement of an animal specimen in a zoo
- The traditional postnatal confinement of a woman after childbirth that is practiced by some Asian cultures.
- Confinement of thermonuclear plasmas, as a necessary requirement to obtain fusion energy.
Famous quotes containing the word confinement:
“Were all of us sentenced to solitary confinement inside our own skins, for life!”
—Tennessee Williams (19141983)