Conception, or a concept, is an abstract idea or a mental symbol.
Conception may also refer to:
- Conception, or fertilisation, the fusion of gametes to produce a new organism.
- Conception (album), an album by Miles Davis
- "Conception" (George Shearing song)
- Conception (band), a Norwegian band
- Conception (film), a 2012 movie.
- Conception, Missouri, United States
- Conception: Ore no Kodomo wo Undekure!, a Japanese RPG for the PSP.
Famous quotes containing the word conception:
“We are weighed down, every moment, by the conception and the sensation of Time. And there are but two means of escaping and forgetting this nightmare: pleasure and work. Pleasure consumes us. Work strengthens us. Let us choose.”
—Charles Baudelaire (18211867)
“It is possibleindeed possible even according to the old conception of logicto give in advance a description of all true logical propositions. Hence there can never be surprises in logic.”
—Ludwig Wittgenstein (18891951)
“The philosophers conception of things will, above all, be truer than other mens, and his philosophy will subordinate all the circumstances of life. To live like a philosopher is to live, not foolishly, like other men, but wisely and according to universal laws.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)