Common may refer to:
- COMMON, the largest association of users of mid-range IBM computers
- Common (horse), a British Thoroughbred racehorse
- Common (liturgy), a part of certain Christian liturgy
- Commoner, someone does not hold a title of peerage
- Common land, land which other people have certain traditional rights such as grazing livestock or collecting firewood
- Town common (see common land above)
- Lingua franca or common language, shared by speakers of different mother tongues
- Vernacular, the common but not scientific name of a plant or animal
- The Common, a nickname of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- COMMON, a Fortran statement
- a translation of tum'ah, a biblical term for ritual impurity, used by some common English translations of the bible
- Dol Common, a character in The Alchemist by Ben Jonson
Other articles related to "common":
... Irish dance it is popular but somewhat less common in Scottish country dance music ... The most common structure of a jig is two eight-bar parts, performing two different steps, each once on the right foot, and one on the left foot ... with most other types of dance tunes in Irish music, at a session or a dance it is common for two or more jigs to be strung together in a set, flowing on without interruption ...
... The common chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes), also known as the robust chimpanzee, is a species of great ape ... Colloquially, the common chimpanzee is often called the chimpanzee (or "chimp"), though technically this term refers to both species in the genus Pan the common chimpanzee and the closely related bonobo ... The common chimpanzee is covered in coarse black hair, but has a bare face, fingers, toes, palms of the hands and soles of the feet ...
... Common-mode signal is the component of an analog signal which is present with one sign on all considered conductors ... In telecommunication, common-mode signal on a transmission line is known as longitudinal voltage ... In electronics where the signal is transferred with differential voltage use, the common-mode signal is called a half-sum of voltages When referenced to the local common or ground, a common-mode signal ...
... market is a type of trade bloc which is composed of a free trade area (for goods) with common policies on product regulation, and freedom of movement of the factors of production (capital and ... A common market is a first stage towards a single market, and may be limited initially to a free trade area with relatively free movement of capital and of services ... The European Economic Community was the first example of a both common and single market, but it was an economic union since it had additionally a customs union ...
... People are easily tied to each other by the factor of common race or kinship ... Other common characteristics of the Zomi, as observed by Carey and Tuck are worth mentioning...the main Kuki characteristics can be universally traced as – The slow speech, the serious ...
Famous quotes containing the word common:
“I have more in common with a Mexican man than with a white woman.... This opinion ... chagrins women who sincerely believe our female physiology unequivocally binds all women throughout the world, despite the compounded social prejudices that daily affect us all in different ways. Although women everywhere experience life differently from men everywhere, white women are members of a race that has proclaimed itself globally superior for hundreds of years.”
—Ana Castillo (b. 1953)
“It is common knowledge to every schoolboy and even every Bachelor of Arts,
That all sin is divided into two parts.
One kind of sin is called a sin of commission, and that is very
—Ogden Nash (19021971)
“The common experience is, that the man fits himself as well as he can to the customary details of that work or trade he falls into, and tends it as a dog turns a spit. Then he is part of the machine he moves; the man is lost.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)