Common may refer to:
- COMMON, the largest association of users of mid-range IBM computers
- Common (horse), a British Thoroughbred racehorse
- Common (liturgy), a part of certain Christian liturgy
- Commoner, someone does not hold a title of peerage
- Common land, land which other people have certain traditional rights such as grazing livestock or collecting firewood
- Town common (see common land above)
- Lingua franca or common language, shared by speakers of different mother tongues
- Vernacular, the common but not scientific name of a plant or animal
- The Common, a nickname of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- COMMON, a Fortran statement
- a translation of tum'ah, a biblical term for ritual impurity, used by some common English translations of the bible
- Dol Common, a character in The Alchemist by Ben Jonson
Other articles related to "common":
... traditional Irish dance it is popular but somewhat less common in Scottish country dance music ... The most common structure of a jig is two eight-bar parts, performing two different steps, each once on the right foot, and one on the left foot ... As with most other types of dance tunes in Irish music, at a session or a dance it is common for two or more jigs to be strung together in a set, flowing on without interruption ...
... is a type of trade bloc which is composed of a free trade area (for goods) with common policies on product regulation, and freedom of movement of the factors of production (capital and labour ... A common market is a first stage towards a single market, and may be limited initially to a free trade area with relatively free movement of capital and of services ... Economic Community was the first example of a both common and single market, but it was an economic union since it had additionally a customs union ...
... easily tied to each other by the factor of common race or kinship ... Other common characteristics of the Zomi, as observed by Carey and Tuck are worth mentioning...the main Kuki characteristics can be universally traced as – The slow speech, the serious manner, the respect for ...
... The common chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes), also known as the robust chimpanzee, is a species of great ape ... Colloquially, the common chimpanzee is often called the chimpanzee (or "chimp"), though technically this term refers to both species in the genus Pan the common ... The common chimpanzee is covered in coarse black hair, but has a bare face, fingers, toes, palms of the hands and soles of the feet ...
... Common-mode signal is the component of an analog signal which is present with one sign on all considered conductors ... In telecommunication, common-mode signal on a transmission line is known as longitudinal voltage ... signal is transferred with differential voltage use, the common-mode signal is called a half-sum of voltages When referenced to the local common or ground, a common-mode signal appears on ...
Famous quotes containing the word common:
“Panurge was of medium stature, neither too large, nor too small ... and subject by nature to a malady known at the time as Money-deficiency,Ma singular hardship; nevertheless, he had sixty-three ways of finding some for his needs, the most honorable and common of which was by a form of larceny practiced furtively.”
—François Rabelais (14941553)
“I want relations which are not purely personal, based on purely personal qualities; but relations based upon some unanimous accord in truth or belief, and a harmony of purpose, rather than of personality. I am weary of personality.... Let us be easy and impersonal, not forever fingering over our own souls, and the souls of our acquaintances, but trying to create a new life, a new common life, a new complete tree of life from the roots that are within us.”
—D.H. (David Herbert)
“To do common things perfectly is far better worth our endeavor than to do uncommon things respectably.”
—Harriet Beecher Stowe (18111896)