- Candidate Master, an international chess title
- Certified Manager, an internationally recognized professional credential for managers and leaders
- Certified Midwife, health care profession
- Chaconia Medal of the Order of the Trinity, a national award of Trinidad and Tobago
- Chief minister, the elected head of government of a sub-national state
- CM or ChM, Chirurgiae Magister, Master of Surgery, a degree conferred at the end of surgical specialty programs in Commonwealth countries; in prior times, was sometimes conferred along with the MD. See William Osler
- A member of the Congregation of the Mission, as the post-nominal letters "C.M."
- Construction Mechanic (US Navy), a Seabee occupational rating in the U.S. Navy
- A member of the Order of Canada, as the post-nominal letters "C.M."
Read more about this topic: CM
Famous quotes containing the word titles:
“We have to be despised by somebody whom we regard as above us, or we are not happy; we have to have somebody to worship and envy, or we cannot be content. In America we manifest this in all the ancient and customary ways. In public we scoff at titles and hereditary privilege, but privately we hanker after them, and when we get a chance we buy them for cash and a daughter.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)
“Lear. Dost thou call me fool, boy?
Fool. All thy other titles thou hast given away; that thou wast born with.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“I have known a German Prince with more titles than subjects, and a Spanish nobleman with more names than shirts.”
—Oliver Goldsmith (17281774)