Assignment or assign may refer to:
- Assignment (computer programming), a type of modification to a variable
- Assignment (education), a task given to students by their teachers to be completed out of the class time.
- Assignment (law), a transfer of rights between two parties
- Assignment (mathematical logic)
- Assignment (NBA D-League), process of sending National Basketball Association players to its development league.
- The Assignment (1977 film), a Swedish film
- The Assignment (1997 film)
- The Assignment (unreleased film) directed by Timothy J. Nelson
- The Assignment (novella)
- "The Assignment" (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), a television episode
- "The Assignment" (Chick Publications), a religious tract
- Assignment problem, a type of math problem
- Along with clearing, a stage in exercising a financial option
- Drive letter assignment, the process of assigning alphabetical identifiers to disk drives or partitions
- An MS-DOS command