Asian refers to anything related to the continent of Asia, especially Asian people.
Asian may also refer to:
- More specific meanings depending on context:
- In the Americas, Australia and New Zealand the term usually refers to people from East Asia or Southeast Asia.
- In the United Kingdom and some other Commonwealth countries, the term refers more frequently to those from South Asia.
- Culture of Asia - the culture of the people from the Asia
- Asian cuisine - food based on the style of food of the people from Asia
- Asii (also Asiani), a historic Central Asian ethnic group mentioned in Roman-era writings
- Asian option, a type of option contract in finance
- Asyan, a village in Iran
Famous quotes containing the word asian:
“If he roars at you as youre dyin
Youll know it is the Asian Lion.”
—Carolyn Wells (18621942)
“We are not about to send American boys 9 or 10,000 miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves.”
—Lyndon Baines Johnson (19081973)
“Exploitation and oppression is not a matter of race. It is the system, the apparatus of world-wide brigandage called imperialism, which made the Powers behave the way they did. I have no illusions on this score, nor do I believe that any Asian nation or African nation, in the same state of dominance, and with the same system of colonial profit-amassing and plunder, would have behaved otherwise.”
—Han Suyin (b. 1917)