- Quake 4 is set in the year 2245, as stated in the USS Hannibal's terminals.
- Wipeout Pulse takes place in the year 2207.
- StarQuest Online is set around 2216.
- In the StarCraft series, the United Powers League is said to be founded on Earth on November 22, 2229.
- Aliens versus Predator 2, a computer game, is set between November 23, 2230 and January 7, 2231. The introduction of the Predator campaign takes place on July 3, 2211.
- Escape Velocity is set in 2246.
- Fallout 2, set 80 years after the original Fallout, begins in 2241.
- Fallout 3 begins with the birth of the player character in 2258; the events of the main game begin in 2277.
- Fallout: New Vegas takes place in 2281, four years after Fallout 3.
- Unreal II: The Awakening is set around 2251.
- Unreal (series) The New Earth Government legalizes no holds-barred fighting 2291.
- Independence War (aka I-War), a large-scale spacecraft game is set in 2268.
- Freelancer 's introduction takes place in the 23rd century.
- Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords, the sandbox version of the game starts in 2225 and the campaign for the most part in the late 2220s.
- Malice takes place in the 23rd century.
- The Longest Journey takes place in 2209, and its sequel Dreamfall in 2219.
- Ogame is based around 2250.
- Lego Rock Raiders takes place in 2200.
- TimeSplitters 2 level "Return to Planet X" is set in 2280
- Halo, Invention of the SF Translight Engine happens in the 23rd century
- Doctor Who: The Adventure Games, Episode 4:Shadows of the Vashta Nerada, set in an underwater city(Posidon 8) in the 23rd century
- Permanent bans by tribunal in League of Legends will be lifted on December 8, 2285
- In Grand Theft Auto IV the character Elizabeta Torres is arrested and sentence to 300 years, from 2008 to 2308.
Famous quotes containing the words computer and/or games:
“The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower.”
—Robert M. Pirsig (b. 1928)
“As long as lightly all their livelong sessions,
Like a yardful of schoolboys out at recess
Before their plays and games were organized,
They yelling mix tag, hide-and-seek, hopscotch,
And leapfrog in each others way alls well.”
—Robert Frost (18741963)