- Zhong Ziqi (钟子期) – ancient Chinese musician whose musical composition Flowing Water had been burned on a CD carried by the U.S. space probe Voyager 1 as a representative of the earth civilization in the hope of being picked by humans from other planets.li>
- Peng Xiuwen – composer and conductor
- Paula Tsui – singer who spent most of her singing career in Hong Kong
- Xu Fan – actress
- Liu Yifei – actress and singer
- Li Yuanhong – former President of the Republic of China.
- Xiong Bingkun (熊秉坤) – armyman who called the start to the Wuhan Uprising in the Chinese Revolution of 1911 which gave birth to the Republic of China, Asia's first democratic country.
- Chang-Lin Tien – seventh Chancellor of the University of California, Berkeley (1990–1997), the first Asian to head a major university in the United States.
- Li Ting – female tennis player, Olympic gold medalist (in woman's doubles, Athens 2004)
- Fu Mingxia – female diver, four-time Olympic gold Medalist (1 in Barcelona 1992, 2 in Atlanta 1996, 1 in Sydney 2000), the only athlete that had won gold medals at 3 Olympiads as well as one of the very few divers in the world who are able to win world championship in both platform diving and springboard diving. diver
- Zhou Jihong – woman diving athlete, Olympic gold medalist (Los Angeles 1984), the first Chinese who has won an Olympic gold medal in diving.
- Qiao Hong – woman table tennis player, two-time Olympic gold medalist (in woman's doubles, Barcelona 1992, Atlanta 1996)
- Wu Yi – former Vice-Premier and Minister Of Health of the People's Republic of China
- Xiao Hailiang – Olympic gold medalist (in 3m springboard synchronized diving, Sydney 2000) diver
- Gao Ling –, professional badminton player, two-time Olympic gold medalist (Sydney 2000, Athens 2004)
- Li Na – female tennis player, Champion of the French Open 2011
- Chi Li – modern writer
- Zhou Mi – Super Junior M member
- Tang Jie Li – AIBA Women's Boxing World Champion
- Tian Yuan – singer and actress
- Xiao Bowei – Silver medal in nba2k11 competition by International nba2k11 committee(Toronto, 2012).
Read more about this topic: Wuhan
Other articles related to "notable people":
... Coordinates 42°42′00″N 88°48′22″W / 42.7°N 88.80611°W / 42.7 -88.80611. ...
Famous quotes containing the words people and/or notable:
“Im so tired, believe me, of strangling people 300 times in a row.”
—Arnold Phillips, Max Nosseck (19021972)
“Every notable advance in technique or organization has to be paid for, and in most cases the debit is more or less equivalent to the credit. Except of course when its more than equivalent, as it has been with universal education, for example, or wireless, or these damned aeroplanes. In which case, of course, your progress is a step backwards and downwards.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)