Site may refer to:
- Location (geography), a point or an area on the Earth's surface or elsewhere
- Building site, a place where construction takes place
In information technology:
- Website, a set of related web pages containing content
- Active Directory Site, an object that represents a geographic location that hosts networks
- Site (mathematics) a category C together with a Grothendieck topology on C
- Binding site
- Active site
In other uses:
- SITE Institute, non-profit anti-terrorism organization
- Sindh Industrial and Trading Estate, a company in Sindh, Pakistan
- SITE Town, a densely populated town in Karachi, Pakistan
- S.I.T.E Industrial Area, an area in Karachi, Pakistan
- Satellite Instructional Television Experiment, an experimental satellite communications project launched in India in 1975
- Sculpture in the Environment, an American architecture firm
- Site, a National Register of Historic Places property type
- Society of Incentive and Travel Executives
Read more about Site: See Also
Other articles related to "site":
... The Foundation Stone and its surroundings is the holiest site in Judaism ... Just as Muslims pray towards the Kaaba at Mecca, the holiest site in Islam, Jews pray towards the raised platform on which the Dome of the Rock stands ... of the stone as the holiest spot on Earth, the site of the Holy of Holies during the Temple Period ...
... pinyin Xīhóudù) is an archeological site located in the Shanxi Province of China ... The site dates to the Paleolithic Age ... In total 32 stone implements were found at the site ...
... Originally, the school was built on a site adjoining the River Bain close to St Mary's Parish Church ... and rebuilt after the Civil War on the same site, remaining there until the first decade of the 20th century when in 1908 the present dining hall was the first building to be established on the current school ... The summer of 2008 was the school's 100th year on the present site and was duly marked by several centenary celebrations ...
... The site planning for an earth sheltered building is an integral part of the overall design investigating the landscape of a potential building site is crucial ... There are many factors to assess when surveying a site for underground construction ...
... Karmøy is the site of the Storhaug, Grønhaug and Flagghaugen burial mounds ... King Augvald who has given his name to this ancient site is mentioned in the Old Norse sagas as having his home here ... Visnes in the northwest was once the site of an important copper mine ...
Famous quotes containing the word site:
“I am not aware that any man has ever built on the spot which I occupy. Deliver me from a city built on the site of a more ancient city, whose materials are ruins, whose gardens cemeteries. The soil is blanched and accursed there, and before that becomes necessary the earth itself will be destroyed.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“It is not menstrual blood per se which disturbs the imaginationunstanchable as that red flood may bebut rather the albumen in the blood, the uterine shreds, placental jellyfish of the female sea. This is the chthonian matrix from which we rose. We have an evolutionary revulsion from slime, our site of biologic origins. Every month, it is womans fate to face the abyss of time and being, the abyss which is herself.”
—Camille Paglia (b. 1947)
“The present hour is always wealthiest when it is poorer than the future ones, as that is the pleasantest site which affords the pleasantest prospects.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)