Some articles on voice:
... The voice is similar to the House Crow with which it is closest to, but deeper and usually more resonant and described as the usual loud "caaa-caaa-caaa" ...
... in Paris France Yoshifumi Kondō (1950–1998), animator, from Gosen Keiko Yokozawa (born 1952), voice actress, from Niigata City Bin Shimada (born 1954 ...
... Features Alakazam the Great (1960) (voice in English dubbed version) "A Game of Pool" (1961) episode of The Twilight Zone It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (1963) The Loved One (1965) The ... Subjects Sonic Boom (1974) Edwurd Fudwupper Fibbed Big (2000) (voice) Santa vs ... the Snowman 3D (2002) (voice) ...
... Tragedy Lussurioso 2003 Alien Invasion Brik 2004 Blueberry Prosit Five Children and It It Voice only Romance Cigarettes Gene Vincent Ocean's Twelve ... Kite 2008 The Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian Reepicheep Voice only Igor Dr ... Garrett 2011 The Other Side Dean Bellamy Cars 2 Miles Axelrod Voice only Lost Christmas Anthony Treasure Island Silver ...
... rich, bright and well-modulated soprano voice, with a range at that time from the A below middle C to the D two octaves above middle C ... the highest notes customarily employed by that voice during his lifetime "Fremano l'onde" in Pietro Torri's opera Nicomede (1728) and "Troverai se a me ti fidi" in Niccolò Conforto's La Pesca (1737 ... in Orlandini's Antigona, Farinelli showed off all the beauties of his voice and refinements of his style, executing a number of passages of great virtuosity ...
More definitions of "voice":
- (noun): (metonymy) a singer.
Example: "He wanted to hear trained voices sing it"
- (verb): Give voice to.
Example: "He voiced his concern"
- (noun): Expressing in coherent verbal form.
Example: "I gave voice to my feelings"
- (noun): A sound suggestive of a vocal utterance.
Example: "The noisy voice of the waterfall"; "the incessant voices of the artillery"
- (noun): Something suggestive of speech in being a medium of expression.
Example: "The wee small voice of conscience"; "the voice of experience"; "he said his voices told him to do it"
- (noun): The sound made by the vibration of vocal folds modified by the resonance of the vocal tract.
Example: "A singer takes good care of his voice"
Synonyms: vocalization, vocalisation, phonation, vox
- (noun): The ability to speak.
Example: "He lost his voice"
- (noun): An advocate who represents someone else's policy or purpose.
Synonyms: spokesperson, interpreter, representative
- (noun): The distinctive quality or pitch or condition of a person's speech.
Example: "A shrill voice sounded behind us"
- (noun): (linguistics) the grammatical relation (active or passive) of the grammatical subject of a verb to the action that the verb denotes.
- (noun): The melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music.
Famous quotes containing the word voice:
“It is not the voice that commands the story: it is the ear.”
—Italo Calvino (19231985)
O let him
Scald me and drown
Me in his worlds wound.
His lightning answers my
Cry. My voice burns in his hand.”
—Dylan Thomas (19141953)
“But O for the touch of a vanished hand,
And the sound of a voice that is still!”
—Alfred Tennyson (18091892)