Transition or transitional may refer to:
- Transition economy, an economy which is changing from a centrally planned economy to a free market
- Transition (grappling), in grappling is a move from one grappling hold or grappling position to another
- Transitional government, an emergency or interim government set up when a political void has been created by the collapse of a very large government
- Transition (outsourcing), the process of migrating knowledge, systems, and operating capabilities from an outsourcing environment to an in-house staff
- Transitions (radio show), a weekly two-hour radio show on Kiss 100 in the UK
- Transition (roadable aircraft), a flying car (or drivable airplane) made by Terrafugia
- Transitioning (transgender), the process of changing one's gender presentation to accord with one's internal sense of one's gender - the idea of what it means to be a man or woman
- Transition Towns, a grassroots network of communities that are working to build resilience in response to peak oil, climate destruction, and economic instability
- A phase of the project lifecycle in the Rational Unified Process
- Transitions, a brand of photochromic eyeglass lens and sponsor of the PGA Tour Transitions Championship
- Transitions Championship, a men's professional golf tournament on the PGA Tour
- Transition Glacier, a glacier on the east coast of Alexander Island
- The University Transition Program, an early college entrance program based in the University of British Columbia
- "Shifting gears" on a railroad locomotive; see Diesel locomotive#Propulsion system operation
- Care transition, wherein a patient changes health care provider
Other articles related to "transition, transitions":
... can be discriminated from other charged particles using the emission of transition radiation, X-rays emitted when the particles cross many layers of thin materials ... To develop such a Transition Radiation Detector (TRD) for ALICE many detector prototypes were tested in mixed beams of pions and electrons ...
... Solusandra an Atlantean who was powerful even before transition, followed Chaund and Dienara in Transition but did not agree to discard her emotions ... disagreed with this and worried it would taint their Transition, but Solusandra was right ... Some time after Transition, the other Transitioned Atlanteans saw Solusandra as a threat and wiped her mind causing her to become childlike and Danik was sent to watch over ...
... The transition state of the molecule passes through a boat or chair like transition state ... the reaction must pass through the boat transition state to produce the two cis double bonds ...
... In June, it was announced that Anbar Province would be the tenth province to transfer to Provincial Iraqi Control, the first such Sunni region ... This handover was delayed by bad weather and a suicide bombing on 26 June in Karmah at a meeting between Sunni Sheikhs and US Marines which killed more than 23 people, including three Marines ...
... Transition (band), is an English rock indie band hailing from Bristol The Transitions, an R B group formed in the early 2000s in the USA ...
Famous quotes containing the word transition:
“There is not any present moment that is unconnected with some future one. The life of every man is a continued chain of incidents, each link of which hangs upon the former. The transition from cause to effect, from event to event, is often carried on by secret steps, which our foresight cannot divine, and our sagacity is unable to trace. Evil may at some future period bring forth good; and good may bring forth evil, both equally unexpected.”
—Joseph Addison (16721719)
“A transition from an authors books to his conversation, is too often like an entrance into a large city, after a distant prospect. Remotely, we see nothing but spires of temples, and turrets of palaces, and imagine it the residence of splendor, grandeur, and magnificence; but, when we have passed the gates, we find it perplexed with narrow passages, disgraced with despicable cottages, embarrassed with obstructions, and clouded with smoke.”
—Samuel Johnson (17091784)
“Some of the taverns on this road, which were particularly dirty, were plainly in a transition state from the camp to the house.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)