Technical may refer to:
- Technical (vehicle), a fighting vehicle based on a pickup truck
- Technical analysis, a discipline for forecasting the future direction of prices through the study of past market data
- Technical drawing, also known as drafting
- Technical death metal, a sub-genre of death metal that focuses on complex rhythms, riffs and song structures
- Technical foul, an infraction of the rules in basketball usually concerning unsportsmanlike non-contact behavior
- Technical rehearsal for a performance, often simply referred to as a "technical"
- Technical support, a range of services providing assistance with technology products
- Vocational education, often known as "technical education"
Other articles related to "technical":
... Karadeniz Technical University, founded upon the approval of the proposal put forward by Mustafa Reşit Tarakçıoğlu, Trabzon deputy of the time, and his 28 friends on May 20, 1955 ... The continuing development of Karadeniz Technical University is in parallel with the needs of the surrounding environment ... Pharmacy, Fine Arts, Communication and Of School of Technical Education are some units to offer a good education and excellent research potential ...
... Below the bridge the river becomes Class 3-4, very technical at low water, and technical and pushy at higher water, with a short gorge with several abrupt drops ... Below, the river continues fast and technical with many rocks and constant maneuvering required ... section is found in Tariffville, Connecticut, one mile (1.6 km) of technical Class 3 water which is runnable all year round ...
... Two-year technical institutes offer vocational training for graduates of 2-year technical colleges ...
... Many of Pierce's technical books were written at a level intended to introduce a semi-technical audience to modern technical topics ...
... Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU) was a public university in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh set up by the Government of Uttar Pradesh on May 8, 2000 ... was bifurcated into separate universities Gautam Buddha Technical University and Mahamaya Technical University with effect from May 1, 2010 ... to the university's website, it was the biggest technical university in Asia ...
Famous quotes containing the word technical:
“The axioms of physics translate the laws of ethics. Thus, the whole is greater than its part; reaction is equal to action; the smallest weight may be made to lift the greatest, the difference of weight being compensated by time; and many the like propositions, which have an ethical as well as physical sense. These propositions have a much more extensive and universal sense when applied to human life, than when confined to technical use.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“A technical objection is the first refuge of a scoundrel.”
—Heywood Broun (18881939)
“I rather think the cinema will die. Look at the energy being exerted to revive ityesterday it was color, today three dimensions. I dont give it forty years more. Witness the decline of conversation. Only the Irish have remained incomparable conversationalists, maybe because technical progress has passed them by.”
—Orson Welles (19151984)