Ravens may refer to:
- Anderson Ravens, the intercollegiate athletic program of Anderson University in Indiana
- Baltimore Ravens, a professional football franchise
- Bayside Ravens, a gridiron football club
- Benedictine Ravens, the official mascot of Benedictine College
- Carleton Ravens, the intercollegiate athletic program of Carleton University in Canada
- Jan Ravens (born 1958), an English actress and impressionist
- The Ravens, an American R&B vocal group
- Vancouver Ravens, a team that used to play in the National Lacrosse League
Other articles related to "ravens, raven":
... Galaxy, Berlin Thunder, Baltimore Ravens, Jacksonville Jaguars and Seattle Seahawks ... Practice Squad Program with the Baltimore Ravens in 2006 ... As a part of the Ravens Practice Squad he went to the Playoffs and won the AFC North ...
... Williams was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Baltimore Ravens on April 29, 2008 ... He was released during the Ravens final cuts on August 30, 2008 ...
... The arms of Mackie of Larg is blazoned Argent, two ravens pendant from an arrow fessways piercing their necks Proper, on a chief Azure a lion passant of the Field armed and langued Gules ... The king of Scots, growing weary of this, pointed out two ravens on a distant tree and asked Mackie of Larg to prove his boasts ... of the king Mackie of Larg skewered both ravens with his arrow ...
... The Corvidae family includes crows, ravens, jays, choughs, magpies, treepies, nutcrackers, and ground jays ... Two black-plumaged ravens are found in Tasmania ... Forest Raven, Corvus tasmanicus Little Raven, Corvus mellori ...
... have started for the National Football League's Baltimore Ravens ... player's first start at quarterback for the Ravens ...
Famous quotes containing the word ravens:
“There, through the broken branches, go
The ravens of unresting thought;
Flying, crying, to and fro,
Cruel claw and hungry throat,
Or else they stand and sniff the wind....”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)
“I dont think I shall ever like that Mr. Slope, said Mr. Harding.
Like him! roared the archdeacon, standing still for a moment to give more force to his voice; like him! All the ravens of the close cawed their assent.”
—Anthony Trollope (18151882)