Put can refer to:
- Put option, a financial contract between two parties, the buyer and the seller of the option
- The Biblical Put, the son of Ham and the grandson of Noah. See the article Phut
- A type of HTTP request used for uploading files to a specified URI on a web-server
- The FTP option that copies a file from the local system to the remote system (as compared to "get")
- Put (band), from Rijeka, Croatia
- Put, a 16th century card game
- The command: put "..." in Turing (programming language)
PUT may also be an acronym referring to:
- Parametrized Unit Testing
- A Programmable Unijunction Transistor
- Products Under Test, products being considered for DivX certification
- Petroleum University of Technology, a university in Abadan, Ahvaz, Mahmud Abad and Tehran, Iran
- Poznań University of Technology, a university located in Poznań, Poland
Other articles related to "put":
... His poor clearance allowed Steven Naismith to put Rangers in the lead ... After a lacklustre first season, Wilson put in an improved performance in the second leg of Celtic's Champions League play-off against Helsingborgs ... On 23 October 2012, Wilson put in one of the finest performances of his career, shutting out Lionel Messi in Celtic's narrow 2-1 defeat to Barcelona at Camp Nou ...
... Once in grade 10, the students are required to put on a public play, everyone in the class must participate whether they act or work in tech ... The grade 11 students also have to opportunity to put on a student production, which is extra-curricular and put on entirely by the students ...
... are often safety related, therefore the plant operators put high demands on the reliability of the devices ... decades which justifies the higher demands put on the lifetime of the devices ... The manufacturers put a lot of work and knowledge into corrosion protection ...
... Soft put - can be redeemed for cash, stock or notes or a combination of all three at the company's discretion ... Hard put - payable only in cash Protective put - buying a put option for the underlying bond security Subordinated put - Convertible put - convert to share by paying a charge ...
... Phut or Put (Hebrew פוט pûṭ Septuagint Greek Φουδ Phoud) is the third son of Ham (one of the sons of Noah), in the biblical Table of Nations (Genesis 106 cf ... Put (or Phut) is associated with Ancient Libya by many early writers ... has likewise been inferred from Nahum 39, where it is said that "Put and Lubim" were the helpers of Egypt ...
Famous quotes containing the word put:
“By a high star our course is set,
Our end is Life. Put out to sea.”
—Louis MacNeice (19071963)
“Indiana was really, I suppose, a Democratic State. It has always been put down in the book as a state that might be carried by a close and careful and perfect organization and a great deal of[from audience: soapMa reference to purchased votes, the word being followed by laughter].
I see reporters here, and therefore I will simply say that everybody showed a great deal of interest in the occasion, and distributed tracts and political documents all through the country.”
—Chester A. Arthur (18291886)
“Yes, I know.
Death sits with his key in my lock.
Not one day is taken for granted.
Even nursery rhymes have put me in hock.”
—Anne Sexton (19281974)