Provincial may refer to:
- Provincial capitals, an administrative sub-national capital of a country
- Provincial Osorno, a football club from Chile
- Provincial examinations, a school-leaving exam in British Columbia, Canada
- A provincial superior of a religious order
- The Provincial sector of British Rail, which was later renamed Regional Railways
- Provincial Airlines, a Canadian airline
- Provincial park, the equivalent of national parks in the Canadian provinces
- Provincial city (disambiguation), a type of city in the People's Republic of China
- Provincial Secretary, a position in Canadian government
- Provincial Reconstruction Team, a military unit used by Western forces in Afghanistan
- Provincial council (disambiguation), various meanings
- Member of Provincial Parliament (disambiguation), a title for legislators in Ontario, Canada as well as Eastern Cape Province, South Africa.
- Sub-provincial city in the People's Republic of China
- Provincial Court, a type of law court in Canada
- Provincial symbols such as those of Canada
- Provincial (soldier), a type of regular recruited by the British in their American colonies for service there
- Provincial (album), the first solo album by John K. Samson
Other articles related to "provincial":
... of Canada summarized the following principles the pith and substance of the provincial law and the federal law should be examined to ensure that they are both ... the applicability of the provincial law to the federal undertaking or matter in question must be resolved with reference to the doctrine of interjurisdictional immunity ... only if both the provincial law and the federal law have been found to be valid pieces of legislation, and only if the provincial law is found to be applicable to the federal matter in question ...
... the Ontario Liberal Party's candidate in the Scarborough—Rouge River provincial by-election which was made necessary by the appointment of incumbent Liberal MPP Alvin Curling to a ... Media reports suggested that this was done to exclude Cho as the provincial riding association was displeased with Cho's "independent Liberal" candidacy in the 2004 federal ...
... The seal shows this pavilion with the provincial tree behind it ... The provincial flower is ดอกโสน (Dok Sano) Sesbania aculeata, and the provincial tree is the Fragrant Manjack (Cordia dichotoma) ... The provincial slogan ราชธานีเก่า อู่ข้าวอู่น้ำ เลิศล้ำกานท์กวี คนดีศรีอยุธยา can ...
... The 19 provinces and the National Capital District each elect a provincial member ... The future of the provincial electorates is under debate ... She suggested that the 20 provincial seats could be reserved for women by the 2012 election ...
... a single head of power they may have both provincial and federal aspects ... by recognizing that both Parliament and the provincial legislatures can adopt valid legislation on a single subject depending on the perspective from which the legislation is ... Where the pith and substance of the provincial enactment is in relation to matters which fall within the field of provincial legislative competence, incidental or ...
Famous quotes containing the word provincial:
“The divinity in man is the true vestal fire of the temple which is never permitted to go out, but burns as steadily and with as pure a flame on the obscure provincial altar as in Numas temple at Rome.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“In sci-fi convention, life-forms that hadnt developed space travel were mere prehistoryhorse-shoe crabs of the cosmic sceneand something of the humiliation of being stuck on a provincial planet in a galactic backwater has stayed with me ever since.”
—Barbara Ehrenreich (b. 1941)
“The dead level of provincial existence.”
—George Eliot [Mary Ann (or Marian)