Proof may refer to:
- Proof (truth), argument or sufficient evidence for the truth of a proposition
- Formal proof
- Mathematical proof, a convincing demonstration that some mathematical statement is necessarily true
- Proof theory, a branch of mathematical logic that represents proofs as formal mathematical objects
- Alcohol proof, a measure of an alcoholic drink's strength
- Artist's proof, a single print taken during the printmaking process
- Galley proof, a preliminary version of a publication
- Prepress proof, a facsimile of press artwork for job verification
- Proof coinage, coins once made as a test, but now specially struck for collectors
- Proofreading, reviewing a manuscript or artwork for errors or improvements
- Proofing (baking technique), the process by which a yeast-leavened dough rises, also called "proving"
- Proof (TV series), an Irish TV drama/thriller
- Proof, 1980 B/W student film by Black-and-white, expanded to Fandango
- Proof (1991 film), an Australian film by Jocelyn Moorhouse
- Proof (play), a play by David Auburn
- Proof (2005 film), a film by John Madden, based on the play
- Proof (rapper) (1973–2006), American rapper and member of D12
- Proof (comics), a comic series from Image Comics
- "Proof", a 1942 hard SF short story by Hal Clement
- "Proof", a song by Coldplay from "Speed of Sound"
- "Proof" (I Am Kloot song), a song by I Am Kloot from their eponymous second album
- "Proof", a song by Paul Simon from The Rhythm of the Saints
- "Proof", a song by Happy Rhodes from Many Worlds Are Born Tonight
- "Proof", a song by angela
- "Proof", a song by Mell
Other articles related to "proof":
... Holton (October 2, 1973 – April 11, 2006), better known by his stage name Proof, was an American rapper and actor from Detroit, Michigan ... In 2006, Proof was shot and killed during an altercation at the CCC nightclub in Detroit ...
... In 1912, Helly published a proof of Hahn–Banach theorem, 15 years before Hahn and Banach discovered it independently ... The space C is infinite dimensional, and the general proof for the infinite dimensional case requires the axiom of choice or something equivalent, which didn't exist ...
... Ancient Age is a 36 month old bourbon, bottled at 80 proof Ancient Age 10 Star is aged 6 years and bottled at 90 proof Ancient Ancient Age is a 10-year-old whiskey and bottled at 86 proof The ...
... Smale's original proof was indirect he identified (regular homotopy) classes of immersions of spheres with a homotopy group of the Stiefel manifold ... In principle the proof can be unwound to produce an explicit regular homotopy, but this is not easy to do ...
... Proof released a solo album featuring collaborations with 50 Cent, Method Man, Nate Dogg, B-Real of Cypress Hill, T3 of Slum Village, Obie Trice, Eminem, and D12 ... Proof said that he did not produce the record with Shady Records or Aftermath because he wanted to "build his own thing" ... Proof has said that he considered Garcia to be a "genius" who suffered from common character flaws ...
Famous quotes containing the word proof:
“The source of Pyrrhonism comes from failing to distinguish between a demonstration, a proof and a probability. A demonstration supposes that the contradictory idea is impossible; a proof of fact is where all the reasons lead to belief, without there being any pretext for doubt; a probability is where the reasons for belief are stronger than those for doubting.”
—Andrew Michael Ramsay (16861743)
“A short letter to a distant friend is, in my opinion, an insult like that of a slight bow or cursory salutationa proof of unwillingness to do much, even where there is a necessity of doing something.”
—Samuel Johnson (17091784)
“Talk shows are proof that conversation is dead.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)