- Mail, the postal system, especially in Commonwealth of Nations countries
- Hotel post, a service offered by remote Swiss hotels for the carriage of mail to the nearest official post office
- Local post, a mail service that operates only within a limited geographical area, typically a city or a single transportation route
- Parcel post, a service for sending parcels through the post
- Prague pneumatic post, the world's last preserved municipal pneumatic post system
- Wine post, also known as New Zealand Wine Post, is a privately owned postal service in New Zealand
- Post, an entry in a blog or internet forum – see posting style
- Anonymous post, an entry in a blog or internet forum without a screen name or more commonly by using a non-identifiable pseudonym
- Sponsored post, a post to any community-driven notification-oriented website which is explicitly sponsored as an advertisement
Read more about this topic: Post
Other articles related to "mail":
... In postal mail, a return address is an explicit inclusion of the address of the person sending the message ... The return address is not required on postal mail ... Such mail may thus become dead letter mail ...
... It was the first system able to send mail between users on different hosts connected to the ARPAnet ... (Previously, mail could be sent only to others who used the same computer.) To achieve this, he used the @ sign to separate the user from their machine, which has been used in email addresses ever since ... This is commonly misquoted as "The first e-mail was QWERTYUIOP" ...
... DomainKeys is an e-mail authentication system designed to verify the DNS domain of an e-mail sender and the message integrity ... specification has adopted aspects of Identified Internet Mail to create an enhanced protocol called DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) ...
... Larger envelopes are also sent through the mail ... that might be found in biological materials or mail bombs ... Many magazines are simply placed in the mail normally (but in the U.S ...
... This address is used as a routing instruction by Royal Mail staff to sort and deliver mail quickly and accurately ... The PAF is a collection of over 29 million Royal Mail postal addresses and UK postcodes ... As owner of the PAF, Royal Mail is required by section 116 of the Postal Services Act 2000 to maintain the data and make it available on reasonable ...
Famous quotes containing the word mail:
“We grew up founding our dreams on the infinite promise of American advertising. I still believe that one can learn to play the piano by mail and that mud will give you a perfect complexion.”
—Zelda Fitzgerald (19001948)
“The mail from Tunis, probably,
An easy Mornings Ride”
—Emily Dickinson (18301886)