- Mail, the postal system, especially in Commonwealth of Nations countries
- Hotel post, a service offered by remote Swiss hotels for the carriage of mail to the nearest official post office
- Local post, a mail service that operates only within a limited geographical area, typically a city or a single transportation route
- Parcel post, a service for sending parcels through the post
- Prague pneumatic post, the world's last preserved municipal pneumatic post system
- Wine post, also known as New Zealand Wine Post, is a privately owned postal service in New Zealand
- Post, an entry in a blog or internet forum – see posting style
- Anonymous post, an entry in a blog or internet forum without a screen name or more commonly by using a non-identifiable pseudonym
- Sponsored post, a post to any community-driven notification-oriented website which is explicitly sponsored as an advertisement
Read more about this topic: Post
Other articles related to "mail":
... In postal mail, a return address is an explicit inclusion of the address of the person sending the message ... The return address is not required on postal mail ... Such mail may thus become dead letter mail ...
... This address is used as a routing instruction by Royal Mail staff to sort and deliver mail quickly and accurately ... The PAF is a collection of over 29 million Royal Mail postal addresses and UK postcodes ... As owner of the PAF, Royal Mail is required by section 116 of the Postal Services Act 2000 to maintain the data and make it available on reasonable terms ...
... DomainKeys is an e-mail authentication system designed to verify the DNS domain of an e-mail sender and the message integrity ... The DomainKeys specification has adopted aspects of Identified Internet Mail to create an enhanced protocol called DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) ...
... Larger envelopes are also sent through the mail ... or x-raying packages for materials that might be found in biological materials or mail bombs ... Many magazines are simply placed in the mail normally (but in the U.S ...
... It was the first system able to send mail between users on different hosts connected to the ARPAnet ... Previously, mail could be sent only to others who used the same computer.) To achieve this, he used the @ sign to separate the user from their machine, which has been ... The first email Tomlinson sent was a test e-mail ...
Famous quotes containing the word mail:
“Always polite, fastidiously dressed in a linen duster and mask, he used to leave behind facetious rhymes signed Black Bart, Po8, in mail and express boxes after he had finished rifling them.”
—For the State of California, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)
“The mail from Tunis, probably,
An easy Mornings Ride”
—Emily Dickinson (18301886)