Pointer may refer to:
- Pointer (rod), an object used to point manually
- Pointing stick, an isometric joystick used as a pointing device
- Point man, one who takes the front position in a combat military formation
- Pointer (journal), the official journal of the Singapore Armed Forces
- The Pointer Sisters, an American R&B vocal group formed in 1969
- Pointer, a kind of pencil sharpener used for 2.0 mm diameter lead
- Pointer Telocation, an Israeli company specializing in stolen vehicle recovery
- Pointer (wireless phone), a short-lived mobile phone service in Finland in the 1980s
- Volkswagen Pointer, a Brazilian car (built in the 1990s)
- Pointer Insecticide, a brand of injected Imidacloprid for systemic insect control in trees
- The Pointers (South Shetland Islands), a pair of rocks off Antarctica
- In astronomy, one of two pairs of stars popularly called "The Pointers": Alpha Centauri and Beta Centauri, which point to the Southern Cross; or Alpha Ursae Majoris (Dubhe) and Beta Ursae Majoris (Merak), which point to Polaris
In dog breeds:
- Pointing breed, a group of breeds of hunting dog breed trained to point at prey
- Pointer (dog breed), the English pointer dog
- Pointer (computer programming), a data type used in programming
- Pointer (graphical user interfaces), the graphical image which echoes movements of the pointing device, commonly a mouse or touchpad
Other articles related to "pointer, pointers":
... Aaron Elton Pointer (born April 19, 1942) is a retired American baseball player ... He is also known for being the brother of members of the Pointer Sisters singing group ...
... On September 22, 1970, Pointer was nominated by President Richard Nixon to a new seat on the United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama created by 84 ... While on the bench, Pointer ruled that Jefferson County Schools should bus students to achieve racial integration in the 1970s, for which he received numerous death threats ... In addition to his work on the bench, Pointer was principal author of the Manual for Complex Litigation, 2nd edition and served on the Judicial ...
... The Snap To mouse pointer option to move the pointer automatically to the default button in a dialog is broken on many re-designed system and application dialog boxes and ... The mouse pointer simply does not move or snap to the default button in several dialogs which are re-designed ...
... Anita Pointer, Ruth Pointer, Bonnie Pointer, June Pointer – vocals Thomas P ...
... Aconst_reference, and Avalue_type for generically declaring objects and references (or pointers) to objects of type T ... can represent the difference between any two pointers in the allocation model ... This function returns a pointer to the first element of a newly allocated array large enough to contain n objects of type T only the memory is allocated, and the objects are not constructed ...
Famous quotes containing the word pointer:
“The hardiest skeptic who has seen a horse broken, a pointer trained, or has visited a menagerie or the exhibition of the Industrious Fleas, will not deny the validity of education. A boy, says Plato, is the most vicious of all beasts; and in the same spirit the old English poet Gascoigne says, A boy is better unborn than untaught.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)