Peace River may refer to the following in Canada:
- Peace River (Canada), a river in British Columbia and Alberta
- Peace River, Alberta, a town in northwest Alberta
- Peace River (electoral district), an electoral district
- Peace River Country, a geographic region straddling the border between British Columbia and Alberta
- Peace River (provincial electoral district), a provincial electoral district in Alberta
- Peace River (meteorite), a meteorite fallen in 1963 in Alberta
Peace River may also refer to rivers in the United States:
- Peace River (Dillingham) in Alaska, called Gui-guok-lok by natives
- Peace River (Nome) in Alaska, a tributary of the Koyuk River
- Peace River (Florida) in Florida
Other articles related to "peace river, peace, rivers":
... North / Central Atlin Cariboo ‡ North Peace River Omineca Prince George North Prince George South Prince Rupert Skeena South Peace River Southern Interior ...
... Peace River in winter Aerial view of the Town of Peace River. ...
... (BC Hydro) for a large-scale earth fill hydroelectric dam on the Peace River in north-eastern British Columbia, Canada ... If built, it would be the third of four major dams on the Peace River that were initially proposed in the mid-twentieth century ... Construction of "Site B", the Peace Canyon Dam, was completed in 1980 at a point 23 km downstream of the W ...
... McMurray to Fort Fitzgerald on the Athabasca and Slave Rivers. 1885 at Fort Smith, operating on the Slave and Mackenzie Rivers below Fort Smith ... in 1888 at Fort McMurray shipyards to operate on the Athabasca-Slave Rivers from Fort Mcurray to Fort Fitzgerald ...
... long, 37' beam, 300 ton cargo, 300 passengers) placed in service in 1915 by the Peace River Development Co, and later the Alberta Arctic Transportation Co ... (1924), operating on the Peace River until 1930 ... by the Alberta Arctic Transportation Co on the Peace River ...
Famous quotes containing the words river and/or peace:
“Hard by the lilied Nile I saw
A duskish river dragon stretched along.
The brown habergeon of his limbs enamelled
With sanguine alamandines and rainy pearl:
And on his back there lay a young one sleeping,
No bigger than a mouse;”
—Thomas Lovell Beddoes (18031849)
“For he is a mixture of gravity and waggery.
For he knows that God is his Saviour.
For there is nothing sweeter than his peace when at rest.”
—Christopher Smart (17221771)