Occupation may refer to:
- Job (role), a regular activity performed for payment, that occupies one's time
- Employment, a person under service of another by hire
- Career, a course through life
- Profession, a vocation founded upon specialized training
- Vocation, an occupation to which a person is specially drawn
- A category in the Standard Occupational Classification System
- Occupying a space, either through force, by fiat, or by agreement:
- Military occupation, the martial control of a territory
- Occupation (protest), a political demonstration
- Occupancy, use of a building
- Television series that use this word in their titles:
- "Occupation" (Battlestar Galactica), an episode of the science fiction television series
- Occupation (TV serial), a drama about the Iraq War
Other articles related to "occupation, occupations":
... On August 19, 2008, Russian troops captured 22 Georgian soldiers and seized four American Humvees in the port city. ...
... Proximity to the commercial hub of Mumbai has seen a majority of the population taking up jobs in the manufacturing as well as service industries ... This community has few people who stay in interior parts of Maharashtra who are related to business in different industries ...
... list of some of the characteristics of occupations, as discussed in literature in the last decade ... Occupations are activities both meaningful and purposeful to the individual performing them • Occupations fill and structure time • Occupations contribute to the individual ... The word ‘occupation’ has a relatively precise usage in the fields of occupational therapy and occupational science but other disciplines (such as anthropology, psychology, leisure studies) have ...
... But, the prevailing caste system being a system of division of labour or occupation, it was necessary to allot some kind of occupation to this "interim caste" (anthara ... the shodasakriyakal, but resort to a different occupation for living ...
... led a group of students and urban Bay Area Indians in an occupation of Alcatraz Island that would last until 1971 ... tribes joined Oakes and staged the longest occupation of a federal facility by Indian people ... The historic occupation was made up initially of young Indian college students ...
Famous quotes containing the word occupation:
“It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do. Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen.”
—Jerome K. Jerome (18591927)
“Wars will remain while human nature remains. I believe in my soul in cooperation, in arbitration; but the soldiers occupation we cannot say is gone until human nature is gone.”
—Rutherford Birchard Hayes (18221893)
“The most costly of all follies is to believe passionately in the palpably not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind.”
—H.L. (Henry Lewis)