The word multiple can refer to:
- Multiple (mathematics), multiples of numbers
- List of multiple discoveries, instances of scientists, working independently of each other, reaching similar findings
- Glossary of bets offered by UK bookmakers#Multiple bet, types of bet involving two or more selections
- Parlance for people with multiple identities, sometimes called "multiples"; often theorized as having dissociative identity disorder
- Multiple birth, because having twins is sometimes called having "multiples"
- Multiple Man, a mutant superhero in the Marvel Comics universe
- Multiple finance, a method used to analyze stock prices
- Multiple sclerosis, an inflammatory disease
- Multiples of the price-to-earnings ratio
- Printmaking, where multiple is often used as a term for a print, especially in the US
- Artist's multiple, series of identical prints, collages or objects by an artist, subverting the idea of the original
- Multiples, a 2005 music album by Keith Fullerton Whitman
Other articles related to "multiple":
... Ottawa, Ontario United States Mechanicsville, Alabama Mechanicsville, Connecticut (multiple) Mechanicsville, Delaware Mechanicsville (Atlanta ...
... Macro feature supports multiple regex searches (and replacements) within a macro Syntax highlighting (extendable to many different languages) Ability to call external ... on the machine Large file support Support for editing multiple files, with tabbed document selection Block select mode Synchronized scrolling of multiple files Clip libraries – snippet management for reusable ...
... This software is suitable for companies at multiple stages of growth ... and extremely scalable databases) are required even by small businesses as they open multiple locations or grow in size ... or allowing workers to home office, many smaller clients have a need to connect multiple locations ...
... data in an FDBS is due to the existence of a multiple DBS before an FDBS is built ... Data can be distributed among multiple DB which could be stored in a single computer or multiple computers ...
... Possible enophiles contain carbon-carbon multiple bonds (olefins, acetylenes, benzynes), carbon-hetero multiple bonds (C=O in the case of carbonyl-ene reactions, C=N, C=S, C≡P), hetero-hetero multiple ...
Famous quotes containing the word multiple:
“... the generation of the 20s was truly secular in that it still knew its theology and its varieties of religious experience. We are post-secular, inventing new faiths, without any sense of organizing truths. The truths we accept are so multiple that honesty becomes little more than a strategy by which you manage your tendencies toward duplicity.”
—Ann Douglas (b. 1942)
“Combining paid employment with marriage and motherhood creates safeguards for emotional well-being. Nothing is certain in life, but generally the chances of happiness are greater if one has multiple areas of interest and involvement. To juggle is to diminish the risk of depression, anxiety, and unhappiness.”
—Faye J. Crosby (20th century)
“There is a continual exchange of ideas between all minds of a generation. Journalists, popular novelists, illustrators, and cartoonists adapt the truths discovered by the powerful intellects for the multitude. It is like a spiritual flood, like a gush that pours into multiple cascades until it forms the great moving sheet of water that stands for the mentality of a period.”
—Auguste Rodin (18491917)