|U.S. News & World Report||157|
- Mississippi State University was ranked #18 nationally in Forbes magazine's "America's Best College Buys". In 2009, Forbes also ranked Mississippi State University #368.
- The university has produced 16 Truman Scholars and is one of 38 universities recognized by the Truman Foundation as an honor institution. The competitive Truman Scholarships are awarded to those who plan a career in public service. (2003)
- Mississippi State has had eight Barry M. Goldwater Scholars since 1999. The national scholarship recognizes academic excellence in the sciences, mathematics and engineering. (2003)
- Mississippi State has also produced George Mitchell, Ronald Reagan, and Morris Udall Scholars.
- Mississippi State ranks among the top 15 in the nation in awarding bachelor's degrees in both engineering and education to African-Americans, according to Diverse Issues in Higher Education.
- A 2007 NSF report on academic research and development ranked Mississippi State's engineering program 34th and agricultural sciences program 5th among all U.S. colleges and universities in R&D expenditures.
- Mississippi State is among the nation's 100 "Baccalaureate Bargains" for 2002, according to Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine. (2003)
- The Raspet Flight Research Laboratory at MSU was recognized as a National Landmark of Soaring in 2003
- The Cullis & Gladys Wade Clock Museum, located at the MSU Welcome Center, features an extensive array of clocks and watches dating as far back as the early 18th century, and is the only collection of its size in the region.
- In 2009, MSU's School of Landscape Architecture was ranked the second best program in the nation by the journal DesignIntelligence in its annual "America's Best Architecture & Design Schools" rankings. The journal gave the program high marks in teaching students skills related to construction methods and materials. The University's School of Landscape Architecture program is the only such program in Mississippi.
- PayScale.com listed a median starting salary of $44,200 and a median mid-career salary of $80,600 for Mississippi State baccalaureates.
U.S. News & World Report National Rankings'
|Graduate Area||2012 National Rank|
Read more about this topic: Mississippi State University
Other articles related to "accolades, accolade":
... The following information regarding accolades attributed to Enema of the State is adapted from AcclaimedMusic.net ... Publication Country Accolade Year Rank About.com United States Top 10 Punk Pop Albums 1 ... Blender United States 500 CDs You Must Own Before You Die 2003 * Guitar World United ...
... Year Publication Country Accolade Rank 1991 Rock de Lux Spain "Albums of the Year" 1991 ... OOR Netherlands "Albums of the Year" 40 "*" denotes an unordered list ...
Famous quotes containing the word accolades:
“When I get all these accolades for being true to myself, I say, Who else can I be? I cant be Chris Evert.”
—Martina Navratilova (b. 1956)