Lucid may refer to:
- Lucid (programming language), a dataflow programming language
- Lucid Lynx, a version of Ubuntu Linux released in April 2010
- Lucid Inc., a software development company founded by Richard P. Gabriel in 1984
- USS Lucid (MSO-458), a US Navy minesweeper that patrolled the Pacific Ocean
- Lucid Records, an independent record label out of Deerfield, Illinois, United States
- Shannon Lucid (born 1943), an American astronaut
- Langton Ultimate Cosmic ray Intensity Detector, a commercial cosmic ray detector
- Lucid (film), a 2005 Canadian film
- Lucid (Absinthe), a distilled beverage made from Grande Wormwood
- Lucid (band) Est. 1999 Spokane WA Rock band
- Lucid (British band),a 4 piece band formed in 2007 from the Isle of Wight
Other articles related to "lucid":
... Lucid Druid is a Celtic fusion band that formed in Clearwater, Florida in 2003 ... The music of Lucid Druid fuses the qualities of traditional modern Scottish music with elements of rock, jazz, country, and traditional African rhythms ...
... "Stop Complaining" Lucid Intervals and Moments of Clarity (2000) 559 5 ... "She Doesn't Live Here Anymore" Lucid Intervals and Moments of Clarity (2000) 552 6 ... "Lucid Intervals and Moments of Clarity" Previously unreleased 604 7 ...
... of the word “crystallography,” such a work represents an act of lucid writing, which uses the language of geological science to misread the poetics of rhetorical ... Such lucid writing does not concern itself with the transparent transmission of a message (so that, ironically, the poetry often seems “opaque”) instead, lucid ...
... Lucid Intervals and Moments of Clarity is the fourth studio album by American heavy metal musician Michael Angelo Batio ... and "Who Can You Trust?") were later remixed and remastered for the 2004 compilation album Lucid Intervals and Moments of Clarity Part 2 ...
... Lucid Nation is an American Los Angeles-based experimental rock band formed in 1994 ... and transformed itself over the years, reinventing itself and the sound Lucid Nation produces ... Lucid Nation is on the independent record label Brain Floss Records ...
Famous quotes containing the word lucid:
“Only the most lucid can see their love as comedy.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)
“In this lucid and flexible pattern only one thing remained always stationary, but this fallacy went unnoticed by Martha. The blind spot was the victim. The victim showed no signs of life before being deprived of it. If anything, the corpse which had to be moved and handled before burial seemed more active than its biological predecessor.”
—Vladimir Nabokov (18991977)
“He is mad past recovery, but yet he has lucid intervals.”
—Miguel De Cervantes (15471616)