LiVES' features include:
- Loading and editing of almost any video format (via mplayer decoder).
- Some formats can be opened instantly using decoder plugins (e.g. flv, asf, dv, webm and ogg/theora).
- Smooth playback at variable frame rates, forward and in reverse. Display framerate can be controlled independently of playback framerate.
- Frame accurate cutting and pasting within and between clips.
- Saving/re-encoding of clips, selections, and individual frames.
- Lossless backup/restore.
- Streaming input and output.
- Real time blending of clips (various chroma and luma blends).
- Can handle in/out streams in LiVES to LiVES or yuv4mpeg format. Streams can be piped from stdout into other applications.
- Support for live firewire and TV card inputs.
- Internal support for RGB24, RGBA32, YUVA, YUV, YUV422, YUV420 (jpeg and mpeg), YUYV, YUV411, and UYVY palettes; one step conversion with chroma super and subsampling is implemented.
- Ability to edit many filetypes and sources including remotely located files (with mplayer/ffmpeg libraries), and directories of images (rotoscoping).
- Real time capture/recording of interactive (via mouseclicks) external windows.
- Encode to any of the 50+ output formats which are now supported (e.g. mjpeg, mpeg4, mpeg1/2, h264, webm, VCD, SVCD, DVD, x264/blu-ray, ogg/mp4 ogm, Matroska mkv, dv, swf, Ogg Theora, Dirac, MNG, Snow, xvid, Flash and even animated GIF and PDF)
- Resampling of video (time stretching) to any frame rate (1 to 200 frame/s - accurate to 8 decimal places); option to auto-resample or speed up/slow down between clips.
- Rotation, resizing and trimming of video clips.
- Deinterlacing, subtitle removal. Auto deinterlacing for dv can be enabled.
- Can load mp3, vorbis, mod, it, xm and wav audio files.
- LiVES can also load audio tracks directly off CD to use with video.
- Sample accurate cutting and pasting of audio within and between clips.
- Resampling of audio (rate, channels, sample size, signedness and endianness); audio is auto-resampled between clips.
- Able to record from any external audio source.
- Fade in/fade out feature for clips.
- Audio speed and direction can be smoothly adjusted; both in real time and when rendering.
- Hundreds of effects, including random/targeted zooming, panning of video, colour cycling and colorisation/colour filtering and colour correction.
- LADSPA support for audio effects.
- Merging/compositing of frames is possible: e.g. frame-in-frame, fade in/out and transparency.
- Real time previews as the effect is processing.
- Support for the Frei0r 1.1 and 1.2 effect plugin architectures.
- Multiple real time effects are possible during playback (VJ mode), these can also be rendered to frames.
- Multitrack window with drag and drop
- Intelligent screen organisation - shows you only the information which is relevant, no more and no less
- Support for an almost limitless number of tracks and effects
- Non-destructive editing in the multitrack window, with multiple levels of undo/redo.
- Full automation/interpolation of effect parameters.
- Support for stereo backing audio track + stereo audio track per video track
- Automatic gain control
- Realtime mixing/previewing of audio
- Channel mixer volume control + fine grained, time variable per-channel volume and pan control.
- Auto-transitioning of audio with video.
- Auto-transitioning of video in multitrack mode (optional).
- Full crash recovery.
- Configurable multi-monitor screen placement.
- Simple and intuitive menu layout.
- Drag and drop interface.
- Remote monitoring and control (via Open Sound Control) of the application can be enabled
- VJ functions can be controlled via keyboard, joystick or MIDI controller
- I18N text support. Translations into at least French, Czech, German, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Turkish, Hungarian, Slovak, Simplified Chinese, Finnish, Ukrainian, Arabic, Estonian, Uzbek and Hebrew are included.
- Support for audio output through pulse audio.
- Support for audio output through jack.
- Jack transport support (master or client)
- Support for .srt and .sub subtitle files
- Vloopback/vloopback2 output for video (Linux only)
- Support for Unicap compatible devices.
- Full integration with upcoming videojack standard
- RFX builder allows rapid prototyping of new effects, transitions, generators, utilities and tools. Custom RFX scripts can be exported to share with others or downloaded and imported. Test scripts are run in a sandbox to allow safe testing of new plugins.
- MIDI sequence synchronisation (start/stop).
- Shuttle controls for firewire cameras/recorders. Can grab from DV and HDV formats.
Read more about this topic: LiVES
Other articles related to "features":
... The 1982 film Conan The Barbarian features bodybuilder Franco Columbu in a cameo as a blue-tattooed Pictish scout ... Neil Marshall's 2010 film Centurion features a conflict between a band of Picts and the Roman Ninth Legion ... Published in 1943, it features the adventures of a group of children holidaying in the Lake District ...
... Makers of XLIFF tools have supported different sets of features in the XLIFF 1.2 Specification ... By compiling a list of these features the XLIFF TC hopes to identify areas where the XLIFF 2.0 Specification can be improved to enable toolmakers to more widely support the specification ...
... speculation has surrounded the possible adaptive value of other physical features characteristic of groups, such as the constellation of facial features observed in many eastern and ... and demonstrating that environmental selective pressures shaped specific physical features will be difficult, since such features may have resulted from sexual selection for individuals with certain ...
... The PDP-11 had several uniquely innovative features, and was easier to program than its predecessors with its use of general registers ... Design features of the PDP-11 influenced the design of microprocessors such as the Motorola 68000 design features of its operating systems, as well as other operating ... language took advantage of several low-level PDP-11–dependent programming features, albeit not originally by design ...
... At common compression ratios, up to about 501, Fractal compression provides similar results to DCT-based algorithms such as JPEG ... At high compression ratios fractal compression may offer superior quality ...
Famous quotes containing the word features:
“Each reader discovers for himself that, with respect to the simpler features of nature, succeeding poets have done little else than copy his similes.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“The features of our face are hardly more than gestures which force of habit made permanent. Nature, like the destruction of Pompeii, like the metamorphosis of a nymph into a tree, has arrested us in an accustomed movement.”
—Marcel Proust (18711922)
“All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each eventin the living act, the undoubted deedthere, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask!”
—Herman Melville (18191891)