Risks and Limitations
- All Li-Ion cells expand at high levels of state of charge (SOC); if uncontained, this may result in delamination, and reduction of reliability and cycle life; the case of cylindrical cells provides that containment, while pouch cells, by themselves, are not contained. Therefore, to achieve the rated performance, a battery composed of pouch cells must include a strong external casing to retain its shape.li>
- Overcharging a Li-poly battery can cause an explosion or fire.
- During discharge on load, the load has to be removed as soon as the voltage drops below approximately 3.0 V per cell (used in a series combination), or else the batterywill subsequently no longer accept a full charge and may experience problems holding voltage under load. Li-poly batteries can be protected by circuitry that prevents over-charge and deep-discharge.
- Compared to the lithium-ion battery, Li-poly has a greater life cycle degradation rate.
- Lithium polymer-specific chargers are required in order to avoid fire and explosion.
- Explosions can also occur if the battery is short-circuited, as tremendous current passes through the cell in an instant. Radio-control enthusiasts take special precautions to ensure their battery leads are properly connected and insulated. Furthermore fires can occur if the cell or pack is punctured.
- While charging the lithium polymer batteries, the individual cells in the pack should be charged evenly. For this purpose, the cells are to be charged with special chargers. This entails special care while charging the batteries in addition to incurring expenses on procuring the chargers specific to lithium polymer batteries.
Read more about this topic: Lithium Polymer Battery
Other articles related to "risk, risks, risks and":
... As any investment, lending money via MYC4 carries risk ... the first quarterly report released in 2012 showed a portfolio risk that was the lowest in two years ... Potential investors should carefully read the 'Risks' page of the MYC4 website ...
... on those areas that pose the greatest risks to reliable financial reporting." The SEC has indicated that the sufficiency of evidence required to ... concepts together (the account- or disclosure-related risks and control-related risks) are called "Internal Control over Financial Reporting Risk" or "ICFR" risk ... ICFR risk should be associated with the in-scope controls identified above and may be part of that analysis ...
... an inability to hunt and starvation, so the species would have to be careful of such risks ... Risks would still be risks, but if an animal sprained a wrist, it could still fall back on family members as seen in wolves and occasionally lions in the modern day ...
... Risks and benefits d ... and minimize possible harms--Nonmaleficence Assessment of Risks and Benefits 1 ... The nature and scope of risks and benefits ...
... Treximet may cause increased risks of clotting, heart attack and stroke ... Treximet may also increase risks of gastrointestinal problems and ulcers ...
Famous quotes containing the words limitations and/or risks:
“Growing up means letting go of the dearest megalomaniacal dreams of our childhood. Growing up means knowing they cant be fulfilled. Growing up means gaining the wisdom and skills to get what we want within the limitations imposed by realitya reality which consists of diminished powers, restricted freedoms and, with the people we love, imperfect connections.”
—Judith Viorst (20th century)
“In America any boy may become President, and I suppose its just one of the risks he takes!”
—Adlai Stevenson (19001965)