Land may refer to:
- Landform, physical feature comprises a geomorphological unit
- Land (economics), a factor of production comprising all naturally occurring resources
- Land law
- Real estate, a legal term for land, used in regard to ownership
- Real property, a legal term similar to real estate
- Land (band), American rock band
- Land (Land album), the first album by the band
- Land (Týr album), an album by Týr
- Land (1975–2002), an album by Patti Smith
- Land (The Comsat Angels album), an album by The Comsat Angels
- Lands (band), Japanese rock band
- Dah (band), a former Yugoslav/Belgian rock band, known as Land during 1975-1976 period
- Edwin H. Land (1909–1991), American scientist and inventor
- Frank Land, British information systems researcher
- Frank S. Land (1890–1959), Americal founder of Order of DeMolay
- Frank William Land (b. ~1961), British mathematician
- Greg Land (b. ~1965), American comic book artist
- Harold Land (1928–2001), American tenor saxophonist
- Michael Land (b. 1961), American composer and musician
- Michael F. Land, British neurobiologist
As a synonym for a region belonging to a people:
- -land, a suffix used in the names of several countries and other regions
As a geographical place:
- Land, California
- Land, Norway
- Land Glacier, Antarctica
As a division of a country:
- Lands of Denmark
- Lands of Finland
- Lands of Germany
- Lands of Norway
- Lands of Sweden
- Ziemia, Polish for "land", a unit of administration in Poland
- Land Instruments International, A company specialising in infrared temperature measurement and emissions monitoring equipment
- LAND, a type of denial-of-service attack
- Landing, the end of a flight
- In Rifling, lands are the raised areas between grooves in gun barrels
- The Land (magazine)
Other articles related to "land, lands":
... Yomi or Yomi-no-kuni (黄泉 or 黄泉の国?) is the Japanese word for the land of the dead (World of Darkness) ... Once one has eaten at the hearth of Yomi it is impossible to return to the land of the living ... "central land of reed plains", located on earth?), and Yomo-tsu-kuni (黄泉国?) or Yomi-no-Kuni (黄泉の国, lit ...
... In 1995 Land Rover endorsed the production of a hand-made bicycle using its logo ... The bicycle was called the Land Rover APB and was manufactured by Pashley Cycles, of Stratford-upon-Avon, being the collapsible version of their Moulton designed APB (All Purpose ... Two more models immediately followed the Land Rover XCB V-20 and was aimed primarily at younger riders (children) and the Land Rover XCB D-26, also available as the M26 being one ...
... Land Rovers were manufactured primarily at the Solihull plant, near Birmingham, but production of the Freelander was moved to the Halewood Body Assembly plant near Liverpool, a former Ford ... The Freelander is also assembled in knock-down kit (CKD) form at Land Rover's facility in Pune, India ... In May 2010, Tata Motors announced that it plans to build Land Rover and Jaguar models in China as the company seeks to cut costs and expand sales ...
... Prudhoe Bay on the Arctic coast, catapulting the issue of land ownership into headlines ... a permit to construct the pipeline, which would cross lands involved in the native dispute, could not be granted until the Native claims had been settled ... Act was signed into law by President Nixon, which abrogated Native claims to aboriginal lands ...
... Power take-off (PTO) was integral to the Land Rover concept from 1948, enabling farm machinery and many other items to be run with the vehicle stationary ... PTO gearbox casing." PTOs remained regular options on Series I, II and III Land Rovers up to the demise of the Series Land Rover in 1985 ... Land Rover (the Series/Defender models) is that they are available in a variety of body styles, from a simple canvas-topped pick-up truck to a twelve-seat fully trimmed station wagon ...
Famous quotes containing the word land:
“But the creative person is subject to a different, higher law than mere national law. Whoever has to create a work, whoever has to bring about a discovery or deed which will further the cause of all of humanity, no longer has his home in his native land but rather in his work.”
—Stefan Zweig (18811942)
“This blessèd plot, this earth, this realm, this England
This nurse, this teeming womb of royal kings,
. . .
This land of such dear souls, this dear dear land.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“The land cannot be cleansed of the blood that is shed therein, but by the blood of him that shed it.”
—Bible: Hebrew Numbers 35:33.